New [WEEKLY]Xiaomi MI 8 on 8.12.7 wireless issue

DanielZhang

Members
Sep 10, 2018
Hi guys, I just flashed the latest available rom and I encountered a problem with WIFI. I think it is most likely a bug with this version. At least on my particular device.
I am using a 5G wifi connection and when I try to install games from google play I am getting significantly lower speeds than before with the older stable ROM. Also, the speeds fluctuates a lot while downloading so I am a little concerned with this problem and hope there is going to be a fix in the next version.

If you have similar problems with this version, please leave a comment below.
Thank you.

Another issue that bugs me a lot is that during a phone call, even if the speaker mode is on, I still can't pay YouTube videos properly with sound I saw that in every single release I tested since September and apparently no fix so far. At least for 2 MI8s I own. Not only Youtube, I cannot use any applications that PLAYS A MEDIA properly when I make calls.

do you have this problem of slowness only in the downloads or when you surf on the internet too?

Last edited:
I will see if the problem persist after a week or so. But the media playback issue during any sort of calls have last for months. It is more annoying than no sound when playing a video on YouTube. The video just won’t play properly, I see frame drops and glitches when playing a video on YouTube during calls. This never happened on the other mi 8 I have running stable rom from here.

Hey,

I have the same issue that overall network speed seems to be very sluggish. After a factory reset and flashing 8.12.7, it took me almost 6 minutes to download the Facebook app from the Google Store and opening websites and mails always takes between 2 up to 10 seconds. Going back to 8.11.29 "fixes" it, so I suppose it's some kind of driver/firmware issue as long as any changes were made by Xiaomi on that behalf.

The issue seems to be fixed on its own after a few hours and the network speed seems to be back to normal. I don't think it have anything to do my network but probably some strange driver issue that fixes itself in some way (probably through downloading updates from somewhere). However I still can't playback media during calls which is very annoying.