Weird bug? SIM doesnt work on my phone ( CN rom )

FearSC

Members
Apr 24, 2024
So i have weird issue with my Xiaomi 14 pro. Never happened before, i had multiple SIM cards in my phone ( different countries ) and it was working as it should. But now i've purchased Romanian SIM ( digi.ro ) and phone cannot find signal? For example, Germany works, Croatia works, Serbia works and some other countries work but Romania doesnt. Tried manually search for network What can be the issue and is there a solution to this? Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-01-15-24-06-972_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-01-15-24-06-972_com.android.phone.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2024-09-01-15-23-16-236_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-01-15-23-16-236_com.android.phone.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 32
Where are you based?

Maybe we had a similar situation just now on our side as well:

Just installed Xiaomi.eu on the Xiaomi 14.
We are based in the Netherlands. Similar problem: Sim card was recognized (asked for pin code) but no reception / signal what so ever.

I know that 4 & 5G in The Netherlands is on weird frequencies and slightly different from the global standards. It might be a similar situation in Romania, not sure but believe that this is happening in more EU countries?

We made it work by updating the modem firmware (from China) to EEU rom.

1. Downloaded the stock EEU rom version (for fastboot)
2. Unpack the file, navigate to images folder

3. Then flash the modem software to EEU:
Code:
sudo fastboot flash modem_ab NON-HLOS.bin
sudo fastboot flash modemfirmware_ab MODEM-FW.bin

Reactions: FearSC

Hayqe

Do not confuse Xiaomi 14 (houji) with Xiaomi 14 Pro (shennong). (There is only CN ROM for Xiaomi 14 Pro, no Global or EEA.)

Your information only applies to the Xiaomi 14 Global version.
And even that is fundamentally wrong. If you use the "modem.img" file from Global, EEA, etc. as a network patch after installing the xiaomi.eu ROM, your camera may not work properly.
Only the "modemfirmware" file is used for the repair.

Last edited:
Im located in Denmark currently for the next 20 days. Friend got me RO sim card to have free Roaming. On his phone, sim card works perfectly but when we switch, i cannot find network. I dont know to do anything above. Casual cellphone user so dunno how to update modem etc. Do i need PC for that or how it goes? TY

Hayqe

Do not confuse Xiaomi 14 (houji) with Xiaomi 14 Pro (shennong). (There is only CN ROM for Xiaomi 14 Pro, no Global or EEA.)

Your information only applies to the Xiaomi 14 Global version.
And even that is fundamentally wrong. If you use the "modem.img" file from Global, EEA, etc. as a network patch after installing the xiaomi.eu ROM, your camera may not work properly.
Only the "modemfirmware" file is used for the repair.
I stand corrected!
Never mind the network patch.

Can i somehow manually just replace whatever needs to be replaced so that SIM works?