Weird graphical glitch

tzadka

Members
Aug 8, 2012
Hi,

I have a new device with the 3.1.25 rom installed to partition one with recovery after wiping the device and cache.

Sometimes, I have a weird graphical issue when there is a second graphical layer over the screen such as fields texts.

I believe that this thing is common and it is a ROM issue.

Do you know what do I refer to? Do you have it as well?

Thanks.

No one of you got this issue? when suddenly you have a weird blank rectangle on the top left edge of the screen?
something like 2.5cm in each direction.

disable rounded corners in developer settings...

I wad the one who wrote about this "rounded corners" thing in the bugs.

I found that it doesn't solve the problem.

I flashed JLB10 and still the same issue so I guess that the device's screen driver is not good.

Any suggestions before I ship the device back to China?

Maybe I can do something with MiFlash?

Are there drivers to burn from the micro USB port? so I can burn it fro the screen?

Thanks.

Hi. There are not so many people with this issue. Please provide information about where do you get it, on which ROMS?

I had it since the beginning, it happens a lot on static images in the ROM but not in games.

I am now on V5 after wipes and still have the issue. I was starting to think that maybe it has to do with a bad battery. Do you have an access to another battery to check?

I'm pretty sure it hasn't to do anything with the "rounded edges" option.
I had it on miuiandroid, JB Stock, WIUI and now on Lennox' OS.
I have an extra battery, will try this and report!
I only hope it's not phone-related :mad:

Yes, I tried everything thing possible and I've never managed to overcome this issue.
However, I guess that another battery checks will tell us if the phone is faulty.
I'll appreciate if you can write about your finding here.

Very bad news indeed. The weird thing is that when I turn the phone upside down, the bug location is in the bottom of the screen so it is very hard for me to believe that it has to do with the hardware of the phone.
Anyway I don't think I can manage with this bug for the life span of the device, I get it a lot, too much.
Bad Chinese QC problem I guess...

Why do we have two threads for this issue?

Can someone merge them?

Either way.. I never had this problem, is there a solid way to reproduce it?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

hi i have Mi2 running the latest ver 3.5.24 i have a graphics glitch issue on some 3d render like NFS most wanted n waze
i try to reset also have same problem.
check the picture attachment tq

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-26-23-57-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-26-23-57-06.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 176