Weird Warning About Xiaomi Mi4

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 4' started by ck_10, May 26, 2016.

1. ck_10

ck_10Members

May 26, 2016
    Male
    Hi all,

I'd like to buy a Xiaomi Mi4 (I live in Europe), and I think I'll order it from the ******* website. On Tuesday, there were a flash sale on the white one, but it was too late, no stock anymore.
    But on the specs of the phone, only on the flash sales page, a weird disclaimer was written, in order to warn that the phone cannot be upgraded, and that it's impossible to install an international version of MIUI.

But on the details of the same phone, the Xiaomi Mi4 2Gb RAM 16GB Rom FDD-LTE (exactly the same specs) there were no warning at all on the regular pages (not the Sales one).

I sent them an email to know more about this message, but the answer is rather pointless : "The mi 4 can't be updated or the phone will be locked. That cause by the main board of the phone."

What do you guys think ? Is there a new revision of the Mi4 that could be bricked if it's flashed or something ? I never heard about that before.

Thank you very much !

2. mdkeil

mdkeilMembers

Apr 16, 2016
    Male
    Germany
    I bought a Mi4 LTE-CT at last flash sale @ibuygo three weeks ago. I didn't have any problems to upgrade to EU global / miuipro / xiaomi.eu Rom.

Gesendet von meinem ONE E1003 mit Tapatalk

3. ck_10

ck_10Members

May 26, 2016
    Male
    So this one (*******.com[slash]p-white-xiaomi-mi4-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-fdd-lte-7337.html) will not be bricked if I install a custom rom ? This is the same phone than the one in the flash sales with the warning.

4. jc rey

jc reyMembers

Feb 15, 2016
    Male
    dtc
    dtc
    you have also the mi4 3GB at ******* overseas edition for 150$ shipping included.

5. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    I bought my Mi 4 LTE-CU from Ali Expres/Fantacy store (i am European). It is 2GB/16GB edittion so flashing or updating phone is locked.
    Buuuut, i can confirm @ck_10 that phone flashing is possible and no any danger to flash officiall or unofficiall rom. Both of them working like a charm.
    I have flash official Global ROM "Author: MIUI Official TeamVersion: V7.1.2.0.KXDMICK (MIUI7) Size: 662M". It´s a KitKat ROM but does no matter to me. So i am ready now for officiall updates.
    I have to write tuttorial about flashing procedure so read it (find on main page of a forum).
    On ******* have a Oversease edittion (white phone with 3GB RAM) about 137€ price and have it a normal maiboard with legaliy updating.

Share Our Site