Weird Warning About Xiaomi Mi4

ck_10

Members
May 26, 2016
Hi all,

I'd like to buy a Xiaomi Mi4 (I live in Europe), and I think I'll order it from the iBuygou website. On Tuesday, there were a flash sale on the white one, but it was too late, no stock anymore.
But on the specs of the phone, only on the flash sales page, a weird disclaimer was written, in order to warn that the phone cannot be upgraded, and that it's impossible to install an international version of MIUI.

But on the details of the same phone, the Xiaomi Mi4 2Gb RAM 16GB Rom FDD-LTE (exactly the same specs) there were no warning at all on the regular pages (not the Sales one).

I sent them an email to know more about this message, but the answer is rather pointless : "The mi 4 can't be updated or the phone will be locked. That cause by the main board of the phone."

What do you guys think ? Is there a new revision of the Mi4 that could be bricked if it's flashed or something ? I never heard about that before.

Thank you very much !

I bought a Mi4 LTE-CT at last flash sale @ibuygo three weeks ago. I didn't have any problems to upgrade to EU global / miuipro / xiaomi.eu Rom.

Gesendet von meinem ONE E1003 mit Tapatalk

I bought a Mi4 LTE-CT at last flash sale @ibuygo three weeks ago. I didn't have any problems to upgrade to EU global / miuipro / xiaomi.eu Rom.

Gesendet von meinem ONE E1003 mit Tapatalk

So this one (ibuygou.com[slash]p-white-xiaomi-mi4-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-fdd-lte-7337.html) will not be bricked if I install a custom rom ? This is the same phone than the one in the flash sales with the warning.

you have also the mi4 3GB at gearbest overseas edition for 150$ shipping included.