What devices are likely to be supported by MIUI\Cyanogen in the near or far future??

Malcolm Y

Members
Aug 25, 2011
My Galaxy's Screen broke last week. And now I'm looking to buy a new phone.

One of the important things I'll base my choice on, is MIUI support.

I want a really new phone, but I can't buy it if it were not supported by MIUI.

Currently, I have my eyes on HTC Sensation XE, will it be supported?

What other announced phones will be supported?

when you buy new phones you have to bare in mind that it will take a few months for devs to support the phone if you want a good phone which is almost fully suported buy the new samsung galaxy 2 also cyanogenmod team only recently stopped support for the htc dream (g1) so phones like the samsung galaxy s might be unsuported by 2013 or 2014

when you buy new phones you have to bare in mind that it will take a few months for devs to support the phone if you want a good phone which is almost fully suported buy the new samsung galaxy 2 also cyanogenmod team only recently stopped support for the htc dream (g1) so phones like the samsung galaxy s might be unsuported by 2013 or 2014

I saw the announcement today. I totally changed my mind. I will get a galaxy nexus. Unless something comes up in the next few months.

It's very very very simple....ICS version for the Galaxy Nexus

My question is what phones are likely to be supported by MIUI\CM?

Although, I have my mind set at Galaxy Nexus right now, which I know will be supported for sure.

But what about other phones?

My question is what phones are likely to be supported by MIUI\CM?

Although, I have my mind set at Galaxy Nexus right now, which I know will be supported for sure.

But what about other phones?

Generally, anything that sells well that is premium in specs. Mid grade phones, phones that don't sell well are highly unlikely to ever see ports. Generally the phones that get developed are those that the dev's actually own themselves. Other than that, no one knows until they do.

the g1 is no longer supirted becouse,no one are downloading cm7(nightlies) for him, so if no one uses the phone any more then cyanogenmod stops developing roms for them, thats the reason why :)

if no one are using the mod, then it gets cut off

the g1 is no longer supirted becouse,no one are downloading cm7(nightlies) for him, so if no one uses the phone any more then cyanogenmod stops developing roms for them, thats the reason why :)

if no one are using the mod, then it gets cut off

Neither here nor there for the purposes of the thread, but the G1 and MyTouch3g (e.g. HtC Dream and Sapphire) were not dropped because no one uses themor were downloading nightlies. Cyanogenmod stopped support at CM6 because they did not feel the phone, which was already a legacy/eol and had a limited 528mhz processor and very limited memory, could handle CM7 and give a good user experience.

Development for both devices continues at XDA from other devs and some have kanged or ported gingerbread/cm7 to the G1 and MT3G. Personally, I was rather fond of Yoshi's Gingerbread for my mt3g.