What is Orangefox and why did it replace TWRP on my phone?

sanzeN

Members
Nov 6, 2021
Hello

When I initially installed Xiaomi.eu I did so using TWRP. I updated it a while ago, also using TWRP. Not I am considering going to the stable rom instead of weekly, so I tried booting into TWRP, but TWRP didn't show up. Instead something called Orangefox Recovery showed up. I have never heard of this, and certainly haven't installed it. Can someone explain what happened, and where my TWRP went?

Some versions of the ROM include the recovery (I believe it is used for the phones where you can't simply flash TWRP).

So Orange Fox replaced TWRP, or maybe it was never installed in the first place. (if you booted it to install the ROM)

Some versions of the ROM include the recovery (I believe it is used for the phones where you can't simply flash TWRP).

So Orange Fox replaced TWRP, or maybe it was never installed in the first place. (if you booted it to install the ROM)
Thanks. Twrp was definitely installed originally, as it would show up when I held volume up and power button. Can Orangefox do all the same stuff as Twrp can?

Orangefox is a fork of TWRP, it's essentially the same with some added features which may or may not be beneficial on some devices.

Reactions: sanzeN