What is the difference between MiDrive, KuaiPan, and MiCloud?

ShedoSurashu

Members
Mar 17, 2014
I keep seeing these terms but not sure how each of them differ from each other. Another thing to add to my confusion is that in the file explorer, it is talking about MiDrive but then the tab is labeled KuaiPan. Can somebody clear this up for a newb like me?

Its just bad english translation. Thats all. It was known before as MiDrive but then Xiaomi dealt with KuaiPan and used their cloud storage to FileExplorer. So this is KuaiPan drive. But then, the MiCloud is different and it means your 15GB Xiaomi MiCloud account used to sync contacts, notes, gallery, call logs, sms etc. MiCloud is a personal cloud storage for every Xiaomi account signed to MIUI. KuaiPan is only file storage.

Its just bad english translation. Thats all. It was known before as MiDrive but then Xiaomi dealt with KuaiPan and used their cloud storage to FileExplorer. So this is KuaiPan drive. But then, the MiCloud is different and it means your 15GB Xiaomi MiCloud account used to sync contacts, notes, gallery, call logs, sms etc. MiCloud is a personal cloud storage for every Xiaomi account signed to MIUI. KuaiPan is only file storage.

When you say "personal cloud storage", is it possible then to upload regular files to MiCloud? And also, I can't seem to find any English website for MiDrive/KuaiPan?

Because there isnt. Kuaipan is chinese. You can view files from File Explorer or use some (chinese) desktop app.
But I don't know how this works because the Kuaipan app is only for Windows and OSX.

And you can't upload regular files to MiCloud. Thats why you have Kuaipan.

I changed my Redmi with Mi2s and I can't connect to my old kuaipan acount. It was created another acount and I would like to connect to my old account. How can I do that?

Trimis de pe al meu MI 2S folosind Tapatalk

I changed my Redmi with Mi2s and I can't connect to my old kuaipan acount. It was created another acount and I would like to connect to my old account. How can I do that?

Trimis de pe al meu MI 2S folosind Tapatalk

You need to login to your old account on your new phone. Not create a new one.

Sent from mobile.