What purpose has miui optimisations?

activeUser

Members
Sep 11, 2020
Hey there,
I was hoping to get some deeper insights about what this setting in the developer options is doing?

Reading the search results over the net you counly find speculations about ram managment, some feautres get deactivated ... But nothing about how deep the setting is interfering with the system.

Similar to this unanswered post from 2017, where a app dev is asking what has to be concidered while developing an app, I hoped the devs of this rom could give some deeper insights into this topic.

Apps like microG are also just saying it needs to be deactivated, but there is no reason stated other than "it wont work otherwise".
I am interested in "why it wont work otherwise".

Hopefully someone can give me some hints or maybe knows where to read further about this topic?

Greetings

I have instal microG and vanced and i got that alert to deactivate miui optimization, but i didnt and it works too.
i did that on stable miui 12 xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.0.8.0.QJBCNXM_v12-10.zip and then i update to stable android 11, and no problem in work.

I don't think anyone here has a detailed list of all of the effects of MIUI optimization, search the framework for yourself, you're looking for isXOptMode() calls (true means optimizations are disabled, false means they are enabled).