Whats wrong with my Mi5? - Its not booting

Athanase

Members
Apr 25, 2018
Suddenly my Mi5 Pro went blank and died. When I start it on it shows me the picture attached to charge it. During charging it, the logo mi.com appears in the centre on black background then it just asks me to charge it as in attached picture...It does not work. Is this the end of it or have I pressed something by mistake? Thanks.
Xiaomi mi5pro.jpg

seems to be stuck in official recovery so you do not have xiaomi.eu rom on it do you confirm ?
Can you long press the power button and see if it resurects, could be the volume butoon that have some dust so
that recovery is selected during boot (normally happens volume up button pressed)

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I do not have the xiaomi.eu rom. The volume+ and start button switches it on but I only get the mui.com logo and then it goes to the charge battery screen. Also, even when I press the turn off button, it does not turn off, it turns on automatically, the screen will turn off only when its battery gets discharged.
My version is 7.xx and I remember it could not get the latest released update. I think I saw a tempoarry screen of a dog with a man on a black background before it locked.

you probably have a fake rom from reseller, on official rom, you should be with MIUI10/Oreo.
you need to go to official en.miui.com forum and search to test point method to miflash your device, as your bootloader is locked.
Only way to resurrect it.