Resolved Whatsapp notification change

Status
Not open for further replies.

hezi

Members
Apr 30, 2012
Hello all,
From some reason i cant change the whatsapp notification. When trying to pick ring tone it bring The list of themes.
Is there solution for that?
Thanks!

Im using the last ics rom 5.4 on sgs2 but this issue was also in previous ics rom

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Zcythe Lim
I have no complaints about this great ROM. :D
Just wanted to know if other has same issue and if there something to do. Or report this as bug.

I can live with that. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Anotherone about whatsapp, why can't I stop the notification tone? When I select to make no sound, it just make then default notification sound?

Anyone knows how to shut it off?

I don't know if this is a bug, I believe this has been the same in the GB Miui..

My solution: whatsapp uses the default notification. Set this in sound settings, there you can set a SMS ringtone also. You don't want whatsapp to notify? Set default tone to no sound et voila.

I don't know if this is a bug, I believe this has been the same in the GB Miui..

My solution: whatsapp uses the default notification. Set this in sound settings, there you can set a SMS ringtone also. You don't want whatsapp to notify? Set default tone to no sound et voila.

Thnx dude. Worked so far!

You need to add the permissions under LBE Guard :)
What permissions? I still get to the themes settings.

I get the standard notification sound for group messages and this cuckoo clock for contact messages - and that's really annoying :(

What permissions? I still get to the themes settings.
I get the standard notification sound for group messages and this cuckoo clock for contact messages - and that's really annoying :(
I'm in the same boat :/
I need a different sound for Whatsapp than notifications!

I fixed the problem for me.

My solution:

- Run a chat backup in WhatsApp (accessable through the WhatsApp Configuration Screen)
- Back up your WhatsApp Folder on your internal sd card (just to be safe)
- Go to apps and run a "clear data"
- Run WhatsApp and restore the chat data through the WhatsApp Backup

finished! In my case all chats, group chats and the linked media was available. The strange cuckoo clock alarm is now gone and I get a normal notification sound.

Anyway, I still can't set individual sounds for WhatsApp, but I can live with that.

Why this bug haven't fix yet? It still go to MIUI Theme select page when I want to choose notification sound :'(

LT26i MIUI 2.8.10

You need to add the permissions under LBE Guard :)
I also have set permissions for whatsapp in LBE, but only get the themes settings. I use whatsapp to communicate with co-workers who use blackberrys amd customers. I use roup message tone and a different tone for general messages. If I get the stock notification I am constantly checking my phone in case there is a whatsapp message.

Gtalk, gmail etc. allows me to set a custom notification tone, only whatsapp is a problem.

Mark, it would be appreciated if this could be addressed in future releases.

I also have set permissions for whatsapp in LBE, but only get the themes settings. I use whatsapp to communicate with co-workers who use blackberrys amd customers. I use roup message tone and a different tone for general messages. If I get the stock notification I am constantly checking my phone in case there is a whatsapp message.

Gtalk, gmail etc. allows me to set a custom notification tone, only whatsapp is a problem.

Mark, it would be appreciated if this could be addressed in future releases.
Can you give me full steps to reproduce this please.

I am downloading latest rom and will post tomorrow the detailed steps.

Okay, after a clean install, downloading whatsapp and setting LBE permissions:-
Screenshot_2012-08-13-09-24-00.png

I then open whatsapp, enter my phone number and then open settings to select my notification tones:-

Screenshot_2012-08-13-09-24-26.png

This takes me to the themes menu:-

Screenshot_2012-08-13-09-24-40.png

As you can see I can only select from a theme:-
Screenshot_2012-08-13-09-24-51.png

If I open gmail or gtalk, I am able to select a noticiation tone that I desire:-

Screenshot_2012-08-13-09-45-10.png

It would be appreciated if you could investigate this problem as I do not have the same issue with any other rom on my Motorola Razr XT910.

Seems to me that this isn't a MIUI bug, it's an XML issue within the WhatsApp application.
I've attached a modified version that should work. You will need to uninstall any WhatsApp version you have before installing this one.

Let me know if it works..

Attachments

• WhatsAppPLUS.apk
    4.6 MB · Views: 557
Seems to me that this isn't a MIUI bug, it's an XML issue within the WhatsApp application.
I've attached a modified version that should work. You will need to uninstall any WhatsApp version you have before installing this one.

Let me know if it works..
Thanks, will try this!

Have you told Whatsapp that this is happening, and how to work around it?
I don't want to do this every time :/ maybe they will give you a reward :p

Status
Not open for further replies.