Resolved Whatsapp notification change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi andy,
what did you modify? because there are other apps with same problem and I would like to fix that notification problem also

thanks

edit: ok.. i can see that is a complete new application.. i thought that you open apk file and update some file to make application be able to choose notification sound..

the funny thing is
I sent a bug report to whatsapp with complete logcats and the refused to look at it
because in their opinion I was running an "unofficial" modified rom and they don't support it !!
assholes !!

Hi Mido Karam,

But is it an easy way to modify any file with an editor to avoid that problem?

I mean that there are other apps with that notification error that would like to fix like "soccer livescores".
Right now there's no notification tone and I cant use it.

thanks

Hi andy,
what did you modify? because there are other apps with same problem and I would like to fix that notification problem also

thanks

edit: ok.. i can see that is a complete new application.. i thought that you open apk file and update some file to make application be able to choose notification sound..

Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying. I did use a custom version of Whatsapp but the change would work just as well on the standard version.

What you need to do is decompile the APK.

Look in \res\xml\preferences.xml

Search for android:ringtoneType="all"

Replace with android:ringtoneType="notification"

That's it!!

Recompile, sign and push to your phone.. Done..

Hope this helps??

Well can you please do that to the latest version of whatsapp which is on the market ?
Thanks in advance :)

I just emailed their support team. If we really have like 10 bug reports weekly around this random app (I've never used). This needs to be fixed.

I know this is irrelevant, and hope this is not too much.. but can someone guide me how to decompile and recompile APKs? :D

Or show me a guide to it? Thanks thanks!!:)

I know this is irrelevant, and hope this is not too much.. but can someone guide me how to decompile and recompile APKs? :D

Or show me a guide to it? Thanks thanks!!:)

Download apk tool. search from google. It contain a .zip file, unzip it and copy to a place easy to find, for example in C: root directory.

Copy the apk you wanted to decompile to the root directory of the apk tool. Assume your directory is C:\APKTool\, then open cmd from start-run-cmd-enter.

On the command prompt, type "cd c:\apktool" and press enter.

After that type "apktool d com.whatsapp.apk (just example, your apk name can be something else, just type the apk name).

Wait for a while and when it done you should get a com.whatsapp folder in your apktool directory. Open the file you want to edit and edit it. After u done with editing, compile the apk by typing "apktool b com.whatsapp".

Wait and you'll get 2 folders in your apktool directory. called build and dist. Sign the apk u have decompiled with any apk signer tool, I use sign apk tool for this.

Just google it and unzip the file to C:\ location and put your apk from dist folder in apktool to any place u want it to be. open cmd again, type cd "C:\signapk(your sign apk tool folder name)", press enter and type "java -jar signapk.jar certificate.pem key.pk8 your-app.apk your-app-signed.apk (for example java -jar signapk.jar certificate.pem key.pk8 c:\com.whatsapp.apk c:\com.whatsapp-signed.apk.

Now uninstall your whatssapp from your phone and install the apk you have compiled and done!!

Reactions: Smerv
Status
Not open for further replies.