When Mi Mix 3 would start shipping to Europe?

nihirdas

Members
Nov 7, 2018
I am curios to know when Mi Mix 3 will start shipping in Europe?
Today i checked Ali - Express and they have started selling Mi Mix 3 for Europe..

However i dont want to order from there, not sure if this will be safe or what about customs, does anyone has any experience buying phone from Ali - Express?

I am curios to know when Mi Mix 3 will start shipping in Europe?
Today i checked Ali - Express and they have started selling Mi Mix 3 for Europe..

However i dont want to order from there, not sure if this will be safe or what about customs, does anyone has any experience buying phone from Ali - Express?

I have bought a few phones on AliE., shipped ftom China, no problems if you buy from the big sellers with 99%+ approval ratings.
I even got an extra free EU charger from one after they had shipped a UK one - not really their fault, but Xiaomis fault I believe it was.

However, you cannot really count on having any usable guaranty, so figure that into your calculations, along with the risk of being hit by VAT if you are in Europe, depending on country.

So, at least from Sweden, I will be looking at the sellers with EU warehouses and functional EU guaranties - there are a few now.

I've heard about this website that is some sort of premium reseller for Chinese smartphones. I have also checked their site right now, they claim they have the Mi Mix 3 in stock, with delivery around 7 days. You can google them out if you like "Mobimax EU", depending on which country in europe you live, I can see they offer Tax FREE for eu countries. haven't tried them for myself buying a phone to be honest, but will definitely get that RN5 from them once I break my old phone :D

I have bought a few phones on AliE., shipped ftom China, no problems if you buy from the big sellers with 99%+ approval ratings.
I even got an extra free EU charger from one after they had shipped a UK one - not really their fault, but Xiaomis fault I believe it was.

However, you cannot really count on having any usable guaranty, so figure that into your calculations, along with the risk of being hit by VAT if you are in Europe, depending on country.

So, at least from Sweden, I will be looking at the sellers with EU warehouses and functional EU guaranties - there are a few now.

If they shipped you an UK charger that means that good is sourced from Hong Kong or India. The China version bundled with the China/US/Japan plug.

If they shipped you an UK charger that means that good is sourced from Hong Kong or India. The China version bundled with the China/US/Japan plug.

No, it was a real unopened global version Redmi Note 4.
Intended for the UK market I think.
There was nothing on the box that said what kind of charger was inside,

The charger is usually sent as per the destination country IMO. That shouldn't be a concern.
Or even if you are sceptic, you can still ask them in your order to provide a charger suitable for your country.

The charger is usually sent as per the destination country IMO. That shouldn't be a concern.
Or even if you are sceptic, you can still ask them in your order to provide a charger suitable for your country.

As i posted, I think it was a problem created by Xiaomi, not the reseller on Ali.
There were at least two other people in Sweden I know of that also got a UK charger by mistake at about the same time.

There was no problem with the phone, it was a real Global version.

Xiaomi had simply not thought to put information on the box as to which charger was inside.

Last edited:
Some sellers on Ali are now offering an official "Global version" on presale, with a real Global ROM, though only the 6GB/128GB variant.

1. Is there any reason to choose this one over the Chinese version, assuming one wants to install an eu ROM anyway?

2. A few are even offering "presale" on the "Palace edition", which as I understand it has been on sale in China since 12/12.

Can one assume that the Palace version will also be a "perseus" and use the same roms?

It seems reasonable, but . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Zouiguipopo
Some sellers on Ali are now offering an official "Global version" on presale, with a real Global ROM, though only the 6GB/128GB variant.

1. Is there any reason to choose this one over the Chinese version, assuming one wants to install an eu ROM anyway?

2. A few are even offering "presale" on the "Palace edition", which as I understand it has been on sale in China since 12/12.

Can one assume that the Palace version will also be a "perseus" and use the same roms?

It seems reasonable, but . . .
The presale is because of the 6/128 version selling at 17/Dec in hk, which carries the global Tom , at hkd3899. The hk version bundles with the UK power plug.

Reactions: cobben
The presale is because of the 6/128 version selling at 17/Dec in hk, which carries the global Tom , at hkd3899. The hk version bundles with the UK power plug.

I don't think this first(?) "Global version" is particularly interesting, as it does not have all the LTE bands that the Chinese 8/256 version has.
Only if it appears very cheap somewhere.

I don't think this first(?) "Global version" is particularly interesting, as it does not have all the LTE bands that the Chinese 8/256 version has.
Only if it appears very cheap somewhere.
8/128 has all the bands too.
I'm using it right now in 4g+

8/128 has all the bands too.
I'm using it right now in 4g+

Well, the 6/128 variant has all the bands normally needed in Europe.

But not for the US or e.g. Japan, as I understand it.

Buying such a relatively expensive device, one might as well go for the top of the line I feel.

I dont want to experiment with ROM therefore I impatiently wait for possibility to buy it at the one of European store. Nobody knows when it happen unfortunately :mad:. I

I dont want to experiment with ROM therefore I impatiently wait for possibility to buy it at the one of European store. Nobody knows when it happen unfortunately :mad:. I
The current rom is stable enough to be on for more than a month.