In Progress Where has the clock gone?

nat

Members
Mar 27, 2012
Hi there

I have been using miui for a while now and think it is very nice. I have an HTC Desire and am in the UK

just updated to miuiandroid_Desire-2.3.23 and suddenly the clock has dissapeared, which means I can no longer use the alarm - this may be a problem in getting up for work.. :)
I have the digital clock widget on the home screen which used to take me to the alarm when I touched it, now I get 'Application is not installed on your phone'

can anyone enlighten me as to where it has gone or how to get it back..
obviously there are a load of clocks on the market, but the stock one was fine...

thanks

nat

thats a first.

Try this : back up all ur data etc

download a fresh copy for ur device and flash it in cwm. If that fails factory reset > wipe dalvik > clear cache partition then flash the rom

Regards

I'm having the exact same issue, didn't notice it until I woke up forty minutes late for work, will try a cache/david wipe and reflashing it and see what happens.

hi

presumably that means re-installing ALL my apps etc?

:(

been a while since I have started from scratch

Good news and bad..
wiped dalvik and cache partition and the clock has returned YAY!
unfortunately now getting constant force closes for absolutely everything
assuming this is to do with the 'low on space' message - that is to do with the dalvik being wiped and the app settings been forgotten?
everything was on the SD card via an ext partition
any way I can sort this without a restore or a complete wipe and start again?
cant even get to the app settings to move stuff back to the SD as that force closes too..
:(

Dalvik/cache wipe worked for me, no force close issues observed, I don't have an SD ext partition though.

well had to just restore the backup..
if anyone does have a solution to this would be mighty happy to hear it

ta

Grab the Clock apk from the previous build and use that on your device?

all I can find in an older version is deskClock.apk
which is in the current one too.. so is that even the problem?

thanks

all I can find in an older version is deskClock.apk
which is in the current one too.. so is that even the problem?

thanks
Weird, would need to further investigate.