Where Is The Recovery Mode?

Nablabla

Members
Sep 28, 2015
how can I enter the recovery mode?
That is what I am supposed to do for installing the hermes rom on the redmi note 2, right?
I tried 3 days to get this phone to work.
When I press power+volUp after some seconds a screen appears with "FASTBOOT" and nothing happens

... ?

And when I use the update after 99% it says
install update.zip failed
update.zip is corrupted
back

hello, you can try this one : rename your rom to update.zip and copy it in root of your phone then on top-right side you have three small dots and select reboot in recovery mode. Select English and install update.zip and make a WIPE after the install :).

OH boY!!!!!! It works thank you so much, I did not read this instruction to rename any thing
the tutorials need updates desparately
it is soo easy
1.) download the correct rom (i dont know how you know which one is correct, I read hermes somewhere, so that was my best guess)
2.) put in in the root of the phone and rename it "update.zip"
3.) go to (tools)>updater> ... > "choose update package"select the thing
4.) wait until its done with rebooting
now things were odd, I had no installed keyboard, i guess it destroed the chinese one somehow.
I went to the settings>additional settings>backup&reset>factory data reset. Thats it, right?
Then everything is back to normal again

now there are more language settings and a simToolkit1, and I can receive sms (yay) compared to the stock install it came with. thank you

OH boY!!!!!! It works thank you so much, I did not read this instruction to rename any thing
the tutorials need updates desparately
it is soo easy
1.) download the correct rom (i dont know how you know which one is correct, I read hermes somewhere, so that was my best guess)
2.) put in in the root of the phone and rename it "update.zip"
3.) go to (tools)>updater> ... > "choose update package"select the thing
4.) wait until its done with rebooting
now things were odd, I had no installed keyboard, i guess it destroed the chinese one somehow.
I went to the settings>additional settings>backup&reset>factory data reset. Thats it, right?
Then everything is back to normal again

now there are more language settings and a simToolkit1, and I can receive sms (yay) compared to the stock install it came with. thank you

Mohzen94 mentioned an extra step to this: make a WIPE. How is this done?
Would that prevent the 'odd' things from happening like the missing English keyboard?

Also, after these steps will the phone be free from bloatware (and spyware)?

Sorry for the noob questions, I am in the process of turning my back from Iphone into the Wild west of Android and puzzling the info together from different places to get step by step info is quite challenging to me :).

Thank you in advance for the help !

Hello @kwistenbiebel ,

1st when you do a FULL WIPE your phone move all data you have on your device and you have an application his name is "Security" for spyware etc ...
2nd What you mean with english keyboard ?, you can add it "English keyboard"

Thank you.
1.Do you need to install the TWRP thing to be able to do a full wipe after installing the new ROM?
2. Sorry, I meant 'keyboard' in general alluding to Nablabla who seemed to have trouble bringing it up.

@kwistenbiebel

1. No, you can do it in the recovery mode :).
2. For me the keyboard function properly no bugs.

edit : i think the keyboards are fixed in the last update.

@kwistenbiebel

1. No, you can do it in the recovery mode :).
2. For me the keyboard function properly no bugs.

edit : i think the keyboards are fixed in the last update.

Ha! Too easy , thank you :).

One last question: My Redmi Note 2 is coming from Gearbest and the buzz is that the ROM is a customized MIUI 6.
Would the steps stated above be sufficient to make the phone a clean experience?
Or is it a better bet to update to the MIUI 6 stable version from the Miui website first before using the Hermes MIUI 7 versions?
I just want to assure that my phone will be bloatware and spyware free.

Yes i full wipe make the phone clean ^^, it does not matter, install the miui version you want and do a full wipe :) dont worry about spyware you clean your files when you do a wipe.

Yes i full wipe make the phone clean ^^, it does not matter, install the miui version you want and do a full wipe :) dont worry about spyware you clean your files when you do a wipe.
hello my friend. Im new here.Pardon me if Im asking this here or It was better to put it somewhere else or Im asking wrong person.. cuz I m not familiar with this place. Im from Iran. Ive purchased redmi note 2 from china. and its on the move to Iran. I was searching for advantages and drawbacks of this device before order. and most of the user claimed that the battery backup is not good but by updating with developer rom its better.Ive some questions.Ill appreciate it if you can help me.
1) why we do wipe data or factory reset after updating to developer? what is it about? how this makes phone better? and is there any differences between factory reset or wipe?
2)In one forum of the site I read that someone updated his/her phone to developer and the imei numbers have been erased and the phones got some problems. Since I was using Huawei G610 with mtk 6598 I got same issue.I a little bit afraid of doing such things. cuz redmi note 2 has got mtk 6795 Helio X10. even I afraid to update developer from updater app.not recovery not else. is there any app or suite or whatever to backup imei numbers or rom without doing some odd things such as installing busybox stuff like that?? and is there any solution for this matter(imei)? Its scary to me. updating and having this kind of problems. but on the other hand i want to install developer rom and have a better performance and battery backup. Would you help me with this emotional problem with updating and installing things on mtk chips?
Thanks a bunch

1) You do the wipe date or factory reset one time after the install.
Some infos about the difference enter WIPE and RESET :
- In Factory Reset you are restoring your phone to factory settings but the ROM remains same.
- "Wipe Data and Cache" is mostly done when you flash a new ROM to clear any data or configurations that may have been saved by the older ROM, so that the newly flashed ROM is not affected by the older ROM. (source : http://en.miui.com/thread-87431-1-1.html).

2) For me i don't have any problems about imei on my phone "i have redmi note 2" so you can try the developer version or back to stable version :). "i didn't saw much difference enter stable and dev version with the battery ^^".

1) You do the wipe date or factory reset one time after the install.
Some infos about the difference enter WIPE and RESET :
- In Factory Reset you are restoring your phone to factory settings but the ROM remains same.
- "Wipe Data and Cache" is mostly done when you flash a new ROM to clear any data or configurations that may have been saved by the older ROM, so that the newly flashed ROM is not affected by the older ROM. (source : http://en.miui.com/thread-87431-1-1.html).

2) For me i don't have any problems about imei on my phone "i have redmi note 2" so you can try the developer version or back to stable version :). "i didn't saw much difference enter stable and dev version with the battery ^^".
Thank you very much