Where To Start?!

Android_new

Members
Mar 16, 2016
Hi there

I'm a total android newbie and have just got a Redmi Note 2.
It is on Android version 5.0.2 LRX22G
MIUI Version MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.9.24 | Beta

Goal: I've been trying to update the ROM so that I can get google services and customise it for use in the UK but am so lost :(

I've read so many forum threads, trouble is, I don't know what I really need to do and in what order!

What I have tried:

1. Upgrading ROM to: Author: MIUI Official TeamVersion: V7.1.3.0.LHMMICK (MIUI7) Size: 935M

Issues: Following the flashing guide, when it says copy the file into the 'internal storage of the device' does it matter what folder?
I've downloaded it (created a folder called 'downloaded_rom') and gone to the the updater, picked the file - but keep getting:

Install update .zip failed!
update .zip is corrupted.

Where am I going wrong?

2. Fastboot mode - what is this and when should I try to use it? Do I need it for the goal I am trying to achieve?

3. PC Suite - I downloaded this but am stuck when it comes to steps to access the internal storage
- I launch settings app > additional settings > Storage - but cannot select USB Storage for mounting (it's greyed out) and cannot check Media device MTP option (cannot even see this) - what am I doing wrong here?

4. Is an SD card necessary for achieving my goal?

5. What is TWRP and SuperSU? Do I need to do these things / is there an order in which each of the steps should be done?

6. Rootchecker - I installed this and get: Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device (Redmi Note 2 Android version 5.02) - is this the state I need it to be in?

7. KingRoot app - what is this? I tried using it, it's in Chinese and it then froze the device (needed to battery pull)

I'm really sorry for all the questions - I have genuinely tried to go through the forum threads and try all things suggested - but I really need a dummies guide (which I cannot find) and I need guidance on what I need to do when - else I will keep looping round!

Thanks in advance - I clearly am not geeky enough :(

Reactions: Fatih Karpuz
Hi there

I'm a total android newbie and have just got a Redmi Note 2.
It is on Android version 5.0.2 LRX22G
MIUI Version MIUI 7 by xiaomi.eu 5.9.24 | Beta

Goal: I've been trying to update the ROM so that I can get google services and customise it for use in the UK but am so lost :(

I've read so many forum threads, trouble is, I don't know what I really need to do and in what order!

What I have tried:

1. Upgrading ROM to: Author: MIUI Official TeamVersion: V7.1.3.0.LHMMICK (MIUI7) Size: 935M

Issues: Following the flashing guide, when it says copy the file into the 'internal storage of the device' does it matter what folder?
I've downloaded it (created a folder called 'downloaded_rom') and gone to the the updater, picked the file - but keep getting:

Install update .zip failed!
update .zip is corrupted.

Where am I going wrong?

2. Fastboot mode - what is this and when should I try to use it? Do I need it for the goal I am trying to achieve?

3. PC Suite - I downloaded this but am stuck when it comes to steps to access the internal storage
- I launch settings app > additional settings > Storage - but cannot select USB Storage for mounting (it's greyed out) and cannot check Media device MTP option (cannot even see this) - what am I doing wrong here?

4. Is an SD card necessary for achieving my goal?

5. What is TWRP and SuperSU? Do I need to do these things / is there an order in which each of the steps should be done?

6. Rootchecker - I installed this and get: Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device (Redmi Note 2 Android version 5.02) - is this the state I need it to be in?

7. KingRoot app - what is this? I tried using it, it's in Chinese and it then froze the device (needed to battery pull)

I'm really sorry for all the questions - I have genuinely tried to go through the forum threads and try all things suggested - but I really need a dummies guide (which I cannot find) and I need guidance on what I need to do when - else I will keep looping round!

Thanks in advance - I clearly am not geeky enough :(
Hello, excuse my question: why do you want to install MIUI Official TeamVersion?