Where's Google MAPS??

DrQuest

Members
Aug 26, 2011
Hello

Yesterday I have successfully replaced stocked rom with MIUI (1.8.26), and I have found that the Google Maps are completely missing! I have navigated to the android market and searched for them there with no luck - there are tons of some apps, but no google maps there. OK, then I have downloaded some app, which is something like an addon to google maps. After I launched it, it reported to me that I do not have google maps installed, and to install them please click here to go to the market. I have clicked it and the android market opened with google maps page (so if I manually search for them, they do not appear in the search results, and from some app it shows that they really are in the market), but at the top of the opened page I saw a text saying that the maps are not available for my country! What the..?? In my stock ROM there were maps and they worked perfectly. Also, as you can see in the screenshot below it said that hey are already installed in my phone. Weird.

How to install/open them? maybe I should somehow tell to market that I am from other country? I need these maps! I live in Latvia and my carrier is LMT.

k3uHe.png

You could try get the market enabler app from the market. It will allow you to change the location of your phone to the U.S. so you can download google maps.

You could try get the market enabler app from the market. It will allow you to change the location of your phone to the U.S. so you can download google maps.
There are 2 problems with it:
1. The market shows that I do have them installed already. The fact that the g.maps do not appear may be due to the same reason they do not appear in the market - the market think that my account (or my prone) is located in the country, that is not in the allow list.
2. market enabler app do not have my carrier in the list :(

There are 2 problems with it:
1. The market shows that I do have them installed already. The fact that the g.maps do not appear may be due to the same reason they do not appear in the market - the market think that my account (or my prone) is located in the country, that is not in the allow list.
2. market enabler app do not have my carrier in the list :(

It doesn't matter that your carrier is not in the list, the whole point is to trick the market application into thinking you're in a country where the app is available..Select a carrier from the US or UK for example. Then the maps application will show up in the market and you can install as normal...

It doesn't matter that your carrier is not in the list, the whole point is to trick the market application into thinking you're in a country where the app is available..Select a carrier from the US or UK for example. Then the maps application will show up in the market and you can install as normal...
I used this app and selected Vodaphone(UK). I also have enabled "Fake on Boot" and "Show notification icon".
No luck. There's no g.maps in the phone and in the market from the phone. If I go to the market.android.com from the pc, log in with the same account that is used in the phone, search for g.maps, I will get the same picture as in the first post.

By the way I forgot to mention that if I go to the application manager, there's no g.maps also. Is there a way physically check if they are installed in my phone or not? It's just the button in the web market shows that they are.

I used this app and selected Vodaphone(UK). I also have enabled "Fake on Boot" and "Show notification icon".
No luck. There's no g.maps in the phone and in the market from the phone. If I go to the market.android.com from the pc, log in with the same account that is used in the phone, search for g.maps, I will get the same picture as in the first post.

By the way I forgot to mention that if I go to the application manager, there's no g.maps also. Is there a way physically check if they are installed in my phone or not? It's just the button in the web market shows that they are.

I use the RAC version of market enabler, but the version you've tried should also do the job. I think if the application is not listed in the application manager you can safely assume it's not installed. Sorry I can't help further...

I have changed the rom fingerprint with the app provided but still no luck. Then I just installed maps from the link you provided and now I have them installed. But still this is no ok, I think, I should be able to download and install many apps that somehow I do not have in the list in android market. For example google+ - the same, not listed, and possibly many more.

One step of the installation of miui is to run desire hd easy radio tool. Could this step may be responsible? It's just I think it went ok, but who knows.. is there a way to see in the phone (by not inserting new sim.. yes, my phone was with contract from the carrier) was it successfully radio-off'ed, super-cided and sim-unlocked?

Install market enabler. Backup your own value - set it to T-mobile US. Go to market (it should ask you to accept license and terms again). You should see the menu with app, games, books options. Click apps, swipe to right to top free aps. Voila.

I've done it every week now, so if this doesn't work for you then you are obviously doing to something wrong.

Thanks for all the answers. The bug repaired has vanished just after 1.9.2 installation.