Which apps can you update and which apps can you not?

splashy

Members
Jun 10, 2024
Hello, this is my first time ever flashing a custom rom onto a phone and I have to say this rom is really good - but I wanted to ask what apps can you update?
You see, when I was using global rom, there was an app called Hyper OS Updater, where it would check your system apps and check to update to newest versions. I usually updated the security app, the security addon, joyose, and system components since newer versions brought more battery life for my phone. I wanted to know if I can update these system apps for the battery or if they will interfere with the optimizations of the rom, however on this post (https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.73215/), it says not to update any system apps, but because you will lose translations. I am fine with this because I understand english relatively well.
Sorry if this question sounds very basic and unnecessary, but this is my first time and I genuinely did not know if I could update or not.
Thank you for reading and thank you to the developers for creating this wonderful forum and rom for everyone to have.

System apps are updated at the same time as the ROM update.
ROM developers decide which apps to update.
Editing apps isn't just about translations.
Manually updating system apps in xiaomi.eu ROM is intentionally blocked.

Reactions: splashy
System apps are updated at the same time as the ROM update.
ROM developers decide which apps to update.
Editing apps isn't just about translations.
Manually updating system apps in xiaomi.eu ROM is intentionally blocked.
Thank you for your quick response!
However, I still have one question... Which apps are the ones modified and which ones are the ones that are left?
Do not worry if you don't know the answer, I will just not update the system apps.
Thank you!!!