Which partition saved in twrp for backup ?

nicoampl

Members
Sep 29, 2018
I am currently on latest Xiaomi.eu but I want to try pixel3rom.
Last time I saved all partitions before flashing new rom, I got a brick mi8 when later I tried to restore my backup.
At that time I needed to flash official rom using miflash tool with an edl count (and I had to pay for that).

I do not want the same thing happens twice so which partition must be saved for backup in twrp ?
I am currently on twrp 3.2.3-0918. With my previous phone, there was manly System, data and cache partition. But now there are much more with mi8 like vendor or persist...

Hi there,

had the exact same issue restoring from a twrp backup. It would boot, but the screen would remain black and wouldn't allow me to log in. I was able to recover by first installing the rom and then restoring only the data partition, but some configs were lost (app permissions, and so). Not really happy about this :( I was on twrp v3.2.3.0 which could explain the issue.

Last edited:
I was less lucky : could not boot, could not access recovery nor fastboot mode.
Only the led was blinking when pushing power button. I was forced to get an edl account to flash official rom using miflash tool.

I won't take any risk now and will only save/restore system and data partitions. Do not know if it will work...