Which ROM after September 22?

oliver.pust

Members
Jul 12, 2023
Will there be other up to date roms after September 22 when Xiaomi stops delivering new versions?

Which Android version is the stable fork based on? Can it simply be flashed instead of the weekly without loosing data or settings?

There is no rush. You don't need to switch to the Stable version right away. The stable version is usually several months behind.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2023-07-12 223321.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2023-07-12 223321.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 73
Will there be other up to date roms after September 22 when Xiaomi stops delivering new versions?
MIUI.EU does not update ROMS for phones whose support by Xiaomi has ended. If Xiaomi no longer updates the software for a model then there are no updates to the MIUI.EU ROM either. All custom MIUI Custom ROMs are just modded versions of the official Chinese ROM release so you won't be able to find any other custom MIUI ROMs with updates either. If you wanted to use your phone with an up-to-date ROM then you would need to switch to an AOSP ROM like Paranoid Android or Lineage but you lose most of the custom features for the camera since you're replacing the Xiaomi Camera App designed for the phone hardware with a generic camera app. I normally leave the last MIUI.EU release until I decide to buy a new phone. To me, it's still better than switching to an AOSP ROM but some people prefer them to MIUI. Some custom ROMs like Pixel Experience have a very stock Android feel while others like Paranoid Android add a lot more features and customizations. But camera performance will suffer with any non-MIUI ROM.

MIUI.EU does not update ROMS for phones whose support by Xiaomi has ended. If Xiaomi no longer updates the software for a model then there are no updates to the MIUI.EU ROM either. All custom MIUI Custom ROMs are just modded versions of the official Chinese ROM release so you won't be able to find any other custom MIUI ROMs with updates either. If you wanted to use your phone with an up-to-date ROM then you would need to switch to an AOSP ROM like Paranoid Android or Lineage but you lose most of the custom features for the camera since you're replacing the Xiaomi Camera App designed for the phone hardware with a generic camera app. I normally leave the last MIUI.EU release until I decide to buy a new phone. To me, it's still better than switching to an AOSP ROM but some people prefer them to MIUI. Some custom ROMs like Pixel Experience have a very stock Android feel while others like Paranoid Android add a lot more features and customizations. But camera performance will suffer with any non-MIUI ROM.
Some AOSP ROMs offers the MIUI Leica camera app. The quality is the same as the stock camera app but the light sensor is working abnormally since mi11 has 2 light sensors. One of the back and one of the front (under the screen) and AOSP rom can use one of them.

I have a ton of banking, credit card and ***** apps which are all working fine with weekly and stable xiaomi.eu (I assume because of safety net check passed). I am NOT rooted, just bootloader unlocked.

Will these apps still work with AOSP Rom/Pixel experience? @deepblue2000 If yes, any advice with PE rom to use? Will it support some nice MIUI features like automatic tasks (eg like if connected to home wifi do certain things etc) and the Mi camera app? THANKS!

Reactions: Mr-Mixalot
every bank app does work, safety net does pss.
the latest "unofficial PE+" is very good ! and you have the Leica Miui Camera.

yeah automatic task eg to connect to home or work wifi does work

Here is the latest Unofficial: https://t.me/mi11ultraaosp/27524
Firmware only which is required: https://t.me/mi11ultraaosp/27542

1. boot TWRP, copy these two files to your Mi11U (and latest twrp.img)
2. install first the firmware, then the PE+ (do not reboot / leave twrp)
3. go back to TWRP main menu and reinstall TWRP to RAMDISK again (otherwise you will lost twrp after install PE+ cause twrp will be replaced by PE+Recovery)
4. format Data (not just wipe)
5. reboot.
6. enjoy a very fast/smooth Mi11U

(after each PE+ update you have to reinstall twrp first, if you want to kept twrp)

Reactions: Mr-Mixalot