Which ROM is this? Can't update it!

Mainul Hassan

Members
Oct 16, 2018
I have bought Xiaomi MI 8SE a few days ago. It's built-in ROM was MIUI 10 Beta 8.7.29 . I can't understand which rom is this! Also, I can't update it! In updater app, it's showing that update is available but when I try to download the updates it shows a message telling 'you are already updated' which is not true! What should I do now? Should I update through recovery mode? If so then which recovey ROM should I update? Or should I flash china stable rom? Please suggest me!

Attachments

• 44261297_679968265736987_7356557122894561280_n.png
    44261297_679968265736987_7356557122894561280_n.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 430
  • 44110738_2208453689422931_725250028733464576_n.png
    44110738_2208453689422931_725250028733464576_n.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 378
You are on the MIUI 10 Beta as far as you can see 8.7.29. This means you are on the 29. july release. These are weekly released ROMs from Xiaomi.
If you have unlocked bootloader and TWRP Recovery installed then you can download the newest MIUI 10 Beta ROM in the ROM Release section and install it manually in TWRP.

Make sure you check all informations and disclaimers in every ROM release posts.

Reactions: Mainul Hassan
@TroubleBeast
I have unlocked bootloader but don't have twrp recovery! Why I can't update through default updater app? I am not a pro user! I know little about twrp but don't know enough how to use it! Btw, thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
I got my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 from a Online vendor with Xiaomi.EU MIUI 10 Beta ROM and already unlocked Bootloader. I couldn't and still can't update with OTA. I read once about unofficial unlocked phones will not recieve OTA Updates so you have to go Flash it manually in TWRP. It works for me.

@TroubleBeast
I have unlocked bootloader but don't have twrp recovery! Why I can't update through default updater app? I am not a pro user! I know little about twrp but don't know enough how to use it! Btw, thanks for your reply.

Are you sure you haven't TWRP installed yet? Did you unlock your phone by yourself?

Are you sure you haven't TWRP installed yet? Did you unlock your phone by yourself?

no i didn't unlocked the bootloader by myself, it was pre-unlocked while purchasing from the vendor! Please suggest me what is the safest & easiest solution for me in this situation? I am not actually a pro user and want to use my phone without any rom related hassle!

I got my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 from a Online vendor with Xiaomi.EU MIUI 10 Beta ROM and already unlocked Bootloader. I couldn't and still can't update with OTA. I read once about unofficial unlocked phones will not recieve OTA Updates so you have to go Flash it manually in TWRP. It works for me.
How can I flash please give me some link. Should I flash china stable ROM?

First of all you need to check TWRP. Go developer Options and activate advanced Power Menu and try to Restart your phone in to Recovery. Then you should enter TWRP.

If you really dont have TWRP you can look for a Tutorial installing TWRP first.

First of all you need to check TWRP. Go developer Options and activate advanced Power Menu and try to Restart your phone in to Recovery. Then you should enter TWRP.

Isn't it possible to flash china stable rom through sp flash tool or other way?

I found stable ROMs here [https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-10-stable-release.46190/] and also found the flashing process through TWRP. My question is, will I get regular OTA update once I downgraded from weekly to stable ROM?

So i just read the Stable ROM Page and there is a hell simple Tutorial to follow:

You are on a weekly MIUI10 Beta ROM right now. So you need to Wipe Data and you will loose everything so backup your personal Data and use Xiaomis Android Backup Service. Then you need to follow this guide. I still think you probably have already TWRP installed but you dont know. But if iam wrong then use Fastboot. It also can be activated in the developer options in your settings menu for the advanced power menu.

" If you go from weekly to Stable ROM, Wipe data is mandatory as you do a Downgrade!
  • Install TWRP via Fastboot mode, then install our ROM
  • Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img
  • TWRP Recovery Zip DOWNLOAD or TWRP.ME
  • For ROOT install Magisk (may cause lags and fingerprint issue) in TWRP and reboot one more time after install to get rid of system lags
ROMs for devices with locked bootloader:
  • Unlock your first bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
  • Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
  • Wipe /data partition
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done "

So i just read the Stable ROM Page and there is a hell simple Tutorial to follow:

You are on a weekly MIUI10 Beta ROM right now. So you need to Wipe Data and you will loose everything so backup your personal Data and use Xiaomis Android Backup Service. Then you need to follow this guide. I still think you probably have already TWRP installed but you dont know. But if iam wrong then use Fastboot. It also can be activated in the developer options in your settings menu for the advanced power menu.

" If you go from weekly to Stable ROM, Wipe data is mandatory as you do a Downgrade!
  • Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
  • For ROOT install Magisk (may cause lags and fingerprint issue) in TWRP and reboot one more time after install to get rid of system lags
ROMs for devices with locked bootloader:
  • Unlock your first bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
  • Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
  • Wipe /data partition
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done "
Thank you so much for your support, I'll study more and try to flash stable ROM through this method. If I face any problem I'll let you know. But, will I get regular OTA update once I downgraded from weekly to stable ROM? [BTW, I have turned on the recovery mode from updater app (using go to recovery mode option) and found that no TWRP is installed, there is MI Recovery 3.0 installed in my phone]

Thank you so much for your support, I'll study more and try to flash stable ROM through this method. If I face any problem I'll let you know. But, will I get regular OTA update once I downgraded from weekly to stable ROM? [BTW, I have turned on the recovery mode from updater app (using go to recovery mode option) and found that no TWRP is installed, there is MI Recovery 3.0 installed in my phone]

I understand. Dont forget to read carefully trough the stable ROM Post. Dont miss any important information before you start flashing. Wish you success. If you done tell me.