Which ROM to flash?

güili

Members
Jul 10, 2016
Hi, I am in the waiting process to unlock my K20 PRO. Meanwhile I am trying to identify which ROM to flash, but I feel messed up.

TWRP: apparently there are several. One in Chinesse, other in Russian, no ocicial one. One dissapears after flashing dev rom... Which is the best one?

ROM: I prefer to use stable. But aparently the .eu room is plenty of bugs. Low quality camera, problems with the videos, problems with the soud, problems with google Pay... Is there one that works fine?

I finish my post with a sugestion to the forum owners. Please, split this forum in 2, one for k20/9T and another for K20 Pro/9T Pro. It is impossible to identify if one problem affects to one or other phone or both. If you don't pay attention, you could flash a 9T/K20 rom on K20 Pro. They are different phones and should have differents forums.

Reactions: Emanu526
Why do you think that EU ROMs are plenty of bugs?
you imagine that because in this forum everyone use EU ROMs and not globals.
I can confirm that EU ROMs are more better then Globals. When i receive my mi9t from shop, i immediately connect phone to mi unlock, and i didnt use phone for 7 days untill i was able to unlock bootloader and instal EU ROM, first it was stable, and now i am on weekly dev rom.
all this bugs doesnt means that all mi9t or k20 or k20pro, or any others phones are affected, all it is from phone to phone. generaly me, i have never have any bug. at least in my way of using phone.

so you can chose which rom to instal stable or weekly, it depends and also about bugs all depends nothing is written in stone.
for twrp you have more options then mi9t/k20 users you have unofficial stable twrp what you can find on xda forum in section for your k20pro phone.

Reactions: güili
I would suggest going for the stable. The only issue I had was the general audio issues which was fixed by doing this :

Flash magisk and then install magisk manager. Then find and install inside the magisk manager the module Audio Compatibility Patch. This fixed all the audio issues for me including the no audio during calls and the no sound and lagging on YouTube videos etc.

It would be fantatic if the ROM came with this work already done, right?
This big has originated from the chinese rom (the version which all roms base on), the xiaomi.eu devs did not modify anything, as stated in this thread:

So you either wait for the actual devs to address this issue or bypass it with the aforementioned manual, we can help you with that.

EDIT:
Take a look at this ROM, maybe it suits your purpose better, though I suggest you read the bug-list

Last edited:
"Why do you think that EU ROMs are plenty of bugs?"

Aren't these bugs important enoguh for you?

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/video-unwatchable-with-last-stable.51297/post-496301
maybe, but i dont have any of that bugs. i am on latest weekly 9.7.25. and maybe all this bugs arrive because of all that magisk stuff install, as viper and so on. I remember on mi8 it was problem with viper and we have to delete some strings in vendor about audio ( dont remember anymore ), because if we install viper sound has distorsion, and it was really terrible, untill we find that deleting that to strings repair problem.

and why do you think that global stable roms are without same bugs?

if you dont know different between weekly dev rom and stable, i cant help you.

maybe, but i dont have any of that bugs. i am on latest weekly 9.7.25. and maybe all this bugs arrive because of all that magisk stuff install, as viper and so on. I remember on mi8 it was problem with viper and we have to delete some strings in vendor about audio ( dont remember anymore ), because if we install viper sound has distorsion, and it was really terrible, untill we find that deleting that to strings repair problem.

and why do you think that global stable roms are without same bugs?

if you dont know different between weekly dev rom and stable, i cant help you.

Understand me. I am not trying to discredit the .eu roms. I am waiting for unlock my device (next Th) and I would like to identify the best rom to flash. Time ago, it was clear. Xiaomi.eu roms were perfect, but now I see a lot of comments reporting bugs.
I have the latest China stable rom and these errors don't appear. NFC ok, sound ok, video ok.
I prefer to install stable than dev rom but if dev is now much better than stable, I will.

Last edited:
I agree with you. If you like you can use chines stable versions. I was using myself too, but anyway after i went back to EU ROM. I prefer weekly rom instead of stable, i dont know why it is like that.
maybe you can try also ******** roms, where you can chose to some debloat before downloading.
also you can try miui greek rom https://xiaomi-miui.gr/community/in...s/?s=ef71a5be3babd3e17ecbbcccac2017c84ec1daa9 this link is to developers version, but you can find stable too. To not be afraid this greek rom is not only greek language, you can chose between lots of languages while setting up your phone.

forexample on miui global stabel if i use AOD screen there is no notification icon on aod for viber messages. on eu stable it works.
also on global stable in settings for lock screen you can chose only to wake screen, while in eu stable you can chose to wake screen, to show animation or to not do nothing .
i like show animations, as it is elegant, and discret, and it have edge light on sides of screens for viber in violet color, for whatsapp in green, and others in multucolours light.

Err guys, did u forgot that there's a global india rom out already for 2 weeks? I've it and all works fine, google too. Only known issue is nfc that's disabled by default cos idk why but looks like in india it's a common policy. If u don't depend on nfc, go to india rom, better so far (xiaomi.eu is a mess in my opinion cos to move from a rom to another apparetly look like you need to use miflash tools otherwise u may brick the phone cos they change some system file as well. China stable, the one I used first, isn't bad, but no google services working as they have to do).

2 choices for me: for those who prefer a working google assistant with no issue like audio or videos: india global (no nfc for now)
otherwise, i would prefer xiaomi.eu cos they have slightly more tweaks than others, but keep in mind that when u wanna change to something else, u have to flash with mitools otherwise could have some problems.

mi problema con k20 pro y xiaomi.eu es que la camara no rota, solo hace fotos en vertical. a que puede ser debido esto??