Why can't I use my SIM card?

medesnabbt

Members
Nov 8, 2015
Hello!

I successfully managed to install Xiaomi.eu ROM, specifically this ROM on my Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G (Garnet):

I'm trying to insert my SIM card but nothing happens. It doesn't activates no matter what i do.

1. I've tried to reboot my phone many times.
2. Log out and log in on the Xiaomi account. Removed the device from Xiaomi.account.com and then add it again, nothing happens
3. I can't even enable app permission on the "Xiaomi SIM Activation Service" since it doesn't show any permission anywhere.
4. I've tried this method with Volte, still nothing since I can't even see the "mbn_eea.txt". https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/activation-of-volte-and-vowifi-in-xiaomi-eu-rom.63469/
5. Written my phone number several times when I get a pop-up, "Active Service" (see picture). And nothing happens after that.

Can anyone please help me with this?
I don't know what else to do

Attachments

• 1000018584.jpg
    1000018584.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1000018585.jpg
    1000018585.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 1000018586.jpg
    1000018586.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 26

I installed it succesfully via Fastboot and it can find the network now, but it always auto disable and enabled by itself every 5-6 seconds. It's not stable since the Mobile data always lose signal by itself, do you know why?

Here is a video of what happens: https://streamable.com/b3o98j

Last edited:
It works for a lot of users.
I can't tell what your problem is. You did a lot of things before that that could have affected it.

It works for a lot of users.
I can't tell what your problem is. You did a lot of things before that that could have affected it.
I noticed you wrote that it uses OS1.0.12.0.UNREUXM. mine is another version, could that be the reason?

Is mine also EU?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-09-18-16-44-916_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-09-18-16-44-916_com.android.settings.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 34
Of course you don't have an EEA ROM, you have a custom ROM from xiaomi.eu. That is not decisive.
What matters is whether you have a Global device or a CN device. The fix is for Global devices.
If you use the device outside of Europe, you can try to install modem.img from the Global ROM.

Of course you don't have an EEA ROM, you have a custom ROM from xiaomi.eu. That is not decisive.
What matters is whether you have a Global device or a CN device. The fix is for Global devices.
If you use the device outside of Europe, you can try to install modem.img from the Global ROM.
I have a global version device and i'm inside Europe. It's just strange that it lose signal every 5-6 seconds using that .img file
I also just reinstalled the whole OS using flashboot and MiFlash Tool, (Both Xiaomi.eu version and mi.com version) again and tried it, still doesn't work.

Hmm just wanted to write.

I used Mi Flash Tool to flash to 1.0.12.0.UNREUXM and that didn't work.
HOWEVER I flashed it again using Mi Flash Tool but this time to MIUI 14.0.6.0 TNREUXM and everything works fine now!
How come it worked all of the sudden???? Aren't they the same version since they are both EEA ROM?

I'm wondering though, if I flash back to Xiaomi.eu ROM and use that modem.img (NON-HLOS.bin) file from the TNREUXM and use it on Xiaomi.eu ROM. Do you think that will work?

EDIT: Or no, i spoke too soon... If I disable VoLTE i can't no longer make or receive any calls. Wtf is wrong with this phone. Out of all my other Xiaomi phones this is the first phone that has this issue.

Last edited: