Fix Networks for GARNET

gogocar62

XM12 Tester
Apr 22, 2021
Mobile sees the SIM but you have no signal?nal?
Download this package: garnet_modem_global_A14

Installation in fastboot:
1. Unzip the ZIP file on the PC
2. Connect the mobile phone in fastboot mode to the PC
3. Run the modem installation with the _modem- script according to your operating system
4. wait for the mobile to reboot into the system
5. done

Install in TWRP:
1. put the ZIP file in the phone storage
2. install in TWRP
3. reboot system
4. done

This patch must be done after every ROM update.

Last edited:
After use this patch Wifi6 connection working? Becouse I switch modem.img from the original to this (fw_garnet_miui_GARNETGlobal_OS1.0.6.0.UNRMIXM_047bdb5ebf_14.0) and my wifi6 connection not working... Only Wifi icon on the bar I check it wifi5 the connection.
If I have LTE connection, icon is LTE and LTE+ is this have 5G and 4G connection icons?

At the moment I use modem.img from garnetglobal1.0.6.0unrmixm, I'm connected at home wifi, and on my device says wifi technology 5, but on other device it's says it is wifi6, I'll try the fix now and will write in several minutes...

It's same, wifi 5, just flashed the modem from this fix

Last edited:
Back to the previous version. Wifi 6 not working, and Sim card signal lost after sim connected to the provider after few second after connected.

I think it is the same img. file modem.img from version OS1.0.12.0.UNREUXM = modem.img from GARNETGlobal_OS1.0.6.0.UNRMIXM (both 342,413,312 bytes)
Or maybe not, I also reverted back to modem.img from GARNETGlobal_OS1.0.6.0.UNRMIXM, but using script from this fix.

Last edited:
Mobile sees the SIM but you have no signal?nal?
Download this package: garnet_modem_global

Installation in fastboot:
1. Unzip the ZIP file on the PC
2. Connect the mobile phone in fastboot mode to the PC
3. Run the modem installation with the _modem- script according to your operating system
4. wait for the mobile to reboot into the system
5. done

Install in TWRP:
1. put the ZIP file in the phone storage
2. install in TWRP
3. reboot system
4. done

This patch must be done after every ROM update.
Hi. I flashed this modem version on latest stable Miui 14 (14.0.15.0) and mobile reception disconnects pretty often. Do I have to flash another version?

My package is after HyperOS / android 14.
Not intended for MIUI 14 / android 13.

My package is after HyperOS / android 14.
Not intended for MIUI 14 / android 13.
Can you please tell me how to extract modem from miui 14 rom? I have downloaded 2 roms, first one was recovery and the other fastboot version. I extracted both and could not find modem image

If you downloaded the fastboot ROM the name of the modem is "NON-HLOS.bin".

Tested many version of modem.img from different rom, but this 2 working good (V14.0.6.0.TNRMIXM and OS1.0.6.0.UNRMIXM). Only Wifi6 not working. All wifi connection is Wifi5.

Tested many version of modem.img from different rom, but this 2 working good (V14.0.6.0.TNRMIXM and OS1.0.6.0.UNRMIXM). Only Wifi6 not working. All wifi connection is Wifi5.
I have similar experience, but is garnet capable for wifi6 at all?
With both moderns I experienced some network disconnection when going from LTE to 5G, when reception is low. It takes some time for reconnection.
But all in all it's ok

The proposed modem doesn't work for me. Everytime I receive a call, the connection to the network is lost.

For the moment, the only modem that works is the global version OS 1.0.6.0.UNRMIXM. But it's not perfect, because there's no wifi 6 as mentionned in previous posts above, and the data connection goes from 4G+ to H+ when receiving a call.