Why did rom of mi12pro change into fastboot?

Memory1979

Members
Dec 16, 2022
The last ver was installed by recovery,but the newest one is a fastboot rom,which is installed only through fastboot on a pc?how should i update without any data lost?

Because it is the first release with android 13.

Xiaomi devices on Android 13 via Fastboot only:
- Download our ROM zip file
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC using WinRAR
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system:
--- For Windows OS - windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
--- For Linux - linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
--- For MacOS - macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

PS:
Use the "search" function next time.

do i need to quit all my mi accounts &google account?
This is just an alternative strategy to install the ROM, you don't need to create rules or conditions.

On the other side, being the first Android 13 version, I would definitely do a backup before upgrading.

thx to all u guys,thank you very much,i did it without backup,and fortunately my phone works well now

And i installed the drivers onto my pc through a program called'mifflash',otherwise my phone couln't link to pc

And i installed the drivers onto my pc through a program called'mifflash',otherwise my phone couln't link to pc
Hello, in this case have you installed the fastboot ROM when you already had TWRP? My doubt is that. How to install a fastboot ROM when I already have TWRP?

Hello, in this case have you installed the fastboot ROM when you already had TWRP? My doubt is that. How to install a fastboot ROM when I already have TWRP?
yes,you should only fastboot the new rom,no matter last one installed through twrp。after installation,twrp will be kept

Reactions: EdyOs1
There is still no TWRP fo Android 13 I think. What can we use instead after the update? Flashing magisk, etc.

Ok, so TWRP can't mount storage, so no Magisk for now. Other than that A13 works fine.

Magisk works fine for me using v13.0.41.0.
patched boot.img in magisk and applied in twrp A13.