Why does it says that my phone is a Redmi K40, when i have a POCO F3?

medesnabbt

Members
Nov 8, 2015
Hello everyone!

I bought a POCO F3 last month and i unlocked and flashed my phone today using this ROM.
The flash/installation worked great using TWRP, however i noticed that my device name is now Redmi K40, even thought i have a POCO F3. Does anyone know why i got this problem? :/
I followed this guide:

1655675782961.png

1655675802112.png

Screenshot_2022-06-19-23-14-41-476_com.android.settings.jpg

Because the ROM is built from China ROM for Redmi K40...
We renamed to POCO F3 lately, so update to MIUI 13 if you care about that.

Ahh I see :)
I honestly don't care about that, but even if it says Redmi K40, it will still be fully functional? :)
Not really. Google Voice Match won't work when the screen is off. You might also have issues with getting support for high resolutions on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Not really. Google Voice Match won't work when the screen is off. You might also have issues with getting support for high resolutions on Netflix or Amazon Prime.
Is that it?
I mean will it be good enough for a daily drive to make phone calls, text message, using apps etc?

I don't use Google Voice nor Netflix/Amazon Prime, so that wouldn't be any issue for me :)

yea,you like dont know, you flash chinese rom and name is change. you know that every phone is in chine one name in EU rebranded in diferent name