Why don't have micro sd slot??

Discussion in 'Question & Answers' started by 4rch4n9eL, Jan 22, 2015.

1. 4rch4n9eL

4rch4n9eLMembers

Jan 22, 2015
    I do not understand why mi notes pro, mi 3, mi 4 does not have a micro sd slot ??

2. Maknof

MaknofMembers

Sep 24, 2012
    Less cost, industrial, engeneering, royalty, and more gains selling increased memory versions.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

3. Pertti Kosunen

Sep 2, 2014
    Male
    And companies are pushing people to cloud services.

Maknof likes this.
  4. Dennis Meulensteen

Jan 26, 2015
    Male
    Also, most consumers are used to using cards those cards preformatted with the 'archaeological' fat system (and its many headed variants). These don't support decent OS-native security permissions (well, short of custom-encrypting everything written to them).
    That opens up an easy pathway for one app to get at another apps files.
    In short it brings us many of the potential doomsday scenarios MS-Windows also has. Yay!
    OTOH, how hard can it be to demand a proper format like ext3 (for example). Therefore I'm sure marketing does come into it as the above posts state. However, the security issue is real.

5. cbpbxecmecmbeh

Sep 19, 2013
    Stupid question -- can Windows read ext3?

6. Dennis Meulensteen

Jan 26, 2015
    Male
    #6Dennis Meulensteen,Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    Dumb answer; Ext3 is Open Source after all!

I Found this; www.ext2fsd.com
    And there appear to be others, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

7. Dennis Meulensteen

Jan 26, 2015
    Male
  8. cbpbxecmecmbeh

Sep 19, 2013
    You don't need to pronounce it ;). The question was a reference to your previous post. Now, I don't remember but maybe it's not so easy for a Windows user to take "unknown" filesystem formats ;) thus, I think, the default format for memory cards is FAT... It could be that I'm wrong. Anyways, sorry for OT :)

9. Dennis Meulensteen

Jan 26, 2015
    Male
    I edited my post above with some additional info, you may have missed that when you typed your answer; sorry.
    Its probably an assumption by some marketing firm that a significant number of Windows users are too dumb to understand the concept of formatting a card... I think it can't be that bad, but then I'm a Linux user...

cbpbxecmecmbeh likes this.

Share Our Site