Why the Xiaomi.EU team stop support 7A/8A?

Dance40

Members
Jan 6, 2021
Hello, i read the support of xiaomi.eu for 7A and 8a is stopped.
Why the team sto support this device? for 32bit? Now it's released the MIUI 12 china stable for 7a and now the team stop the support?
The community of 7a make a full working kernel, vendor an more things for 7a and it's very stable.
If the xiaomi.eu don't want support the 7a, the community of 7a can do this.
Thanks if someone reply!

yes, we have to drop 32bit devices support due to our capacity.. there are many 64bit devices supported.. our free time is limited so we had to make this decision..

Reactions: pittrich67
yes, we have to drop 32bit devices support due to our capacity.. there are many 64bit devices supported.. our free time is limited so we had to make this decision..

ok but why redmi 7a isn't 64bit official? We maked a stable 64bit vendor. Is possible support xiaomi.eu for 7a by the community?

and why the team stop support Redmi 8? it's 64bit

olivelite is EOL, olive is still alive..

@ingbrzy, can you do at least one update of rom to MIUI 12 on Redmi 8A & 7A? Of course, if team can update rom. The MIUI 12 update on these devices are already released. It would be nice, if team will do last update. I really appreciate your works with your roms, because they have so much features that I need. Deodexed rom, patched theme manager included, optimized, chinese bloatware are deleted, some useless gapps are deleted, 3 way reboot menu, and more features. But I also know that your works are so insane, and you don't have time to release rom updates.

Last edited:
but here there's redmi 8 with EOL
Mistake was corrected.

@ingbrzy, can you do at least one update of rom to MIUI 12 on Redmi 8A & 7A? Of course, if team can update rom. The MIUI 12 update on these devices are already released. It would be nice, if team will do last update. I really appreciate your works with your roms, because they have so much features that I need. Deodexed rom, patched theme manager included, optimized, chinese bloatware are deleted, some useless gapps are deleted, 3 way reboot menu, and more features. But I also know that your works are so insane, and you don't have time to release rom updates.
No, 32-bit support was completely removed from our server. We couldn't keep supporting 32-bit ROMs since getting 32-bit APKs was too often impossible, and keeping old patches for 32-bit and new patches for 64-bit is not maintainable - a waste of time.
I'm not sure why you're surprised though. Redmi 7A and 8A are like Xiaomi's weakest and cheapest devices... we shouldn't have to waste time because some individuals couldn't put another $20 for a 64-bit device...

Reactions: ingbrzy