whyerd low volume

DominikMIUI

Members
Nov 5, 2017
ok so i came from mi5 to whyerd and its a big hit in audio quality and loudness.so my problem is my whyerd is very quiet on jack 3.5 . fix was to chanage region to india but on xioami.eu theres no region setting. can you say wich file i need to edit to get more volume ? i was playing with mixerpaths.xml with no sucess

I found the EU rom to be fine in terms of loudness. But I did change region by editing the build prop file.
I changed it from PL to ES, as I'm in the UK and wanted to change the 'LTE' symbol in the status bar to '4G'.

If you're rooted you can edit using an app (forget the name or a root file explorer) or do it from the terminal in twrp recovery.

Edit the below line:
ro.miui.region=

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DominikMIUI
"changed it from PL to ES" done but still results nowhere near my expectafions. (też jestem Polakiem)

ok so i came from mi5 to whyerd and its a big hit in audio quality and loudness.so my problem is my whyerd is very quiet on jack 3.5 . fix was to chanage region to india but on xioami.eu theres no region setting. can you say wich file i need to edit to get more volume ? i was playing with mixerpaths.xml with no sucess

I had the same problem, you can change region with rooted phone and BuildProp app. You need only to search this:

ro.miui.region=PL

Change it:

ro.miui.region=IN

And restart your phone. India region works for me and the difference is very notable.

Reactions: Ifestion
Try this. It IS NOT a pdf file. You MUST RENAME it to .zip and flash it through recovery. It will increase the volume of the 3.5mm jack only by upping the mixer values in the mixer_paths.xml files. I've been using it for months and I flash it along with all beta rom updates that I decide to flash to my note 5...

It came from TopJohnWo from github and I accept no credit for its creation.

Attachments

• RN5_Increase_Earphone_Volume_Whyred.pdf
    46.2 KB · Views: 815
Try this. It IS NOT a pdf file. You MUST RENAME it to .zip and flash it through recovery. It will increase the volume of the 3.5mm jack only by upping the mixer values in the mixer_paths.xml files. I've been using it for months and I flash it along with all beta rom updates that I decide to flash to my note 5...

It came from TopJohnWo from github and I accept no credit for its creation.

Thank you very much. Now is too much loud volume.

I had the same problem, you can change region with rooted phone and BuildProp app. You need only to search this:

ro.miui.region=PL

Change it:

ro.miui.region=IN

And restart your phone. India region works for me and the difference is very notable.

Worked great.!!! THANK YOU.!!!

and what other code you can use because the SWC is low on the headphones and the IN is loud but I get some apk from india and online music in the music application.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited: