New Widevine L1 - Poco F1 video playback issues

sinners007au

Members
Apr 23, 2019
I was running the xiaomi.eu 9.1.24 ROM. All my video streaming apps (Amazon Prime Video, Netflix) and sport subscription apps (Optus Sport, Foxtel) worked perfectly. Since updating to the Widevine updated ROM (early March), my sport subscription apps don't work. I either get no picture, or playback error messages. Amazon Prime Video & Netflix continue to work fine. I have tried 4 different xiaomi.eu ROMS since the Widevine update, including the latest release xiaomi.eu 9.4.18 ROM & none work with my sport subscription apps. I have now reverted back to the xiaomi.eu 9.1.24 ROM and all my video apps (Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Optus Sport, Foxtel) work well. The problem with that is that I am stuck on a 3 month old ROM and cannot update.

It may be difficult to replicate this issue for most of you (as Optus Sport & Foxtel apps are Australian) but does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I did read in another thread that a French user was having issues with their subscription apps, Mycanal and OC since the Widevine update.

XDA forums suggest there may be a HDCP issue with the Widevine L1 updated roms? I am not sure what the issue is... but any help would be greatly appreciated.