Widgets don't work on 12.0.5

r00teniy

Members
Sep 16, 2019
After updating to 12.0.5 my widgets stop responding/updating after around a hour. If you change theme or restart phone they would start working again, but after a hour or so they will ignorу any interaction and updates. Did some1 have similar problem? what could be the reason for this?

Last edited:
I have no such problems, but have an suggestion.
Delete and recreate the widget again, and after that make the corresponding app locked in memory and not to use the MIUI OPTIMIZED BATTERY profile.
If you use other luncher like me, make the same changes to it also.

I have no such problems, but have an suggestion.
Delete and recreate the widget again, and after that make the corresponding app locked in memory and not to use the MIUI OPTIMIZED BATTERY profile.
If you use other luncher like me, make the same changes to it also.
Did all this before asking, didn't help.

Solution for anyone who has same problem: install different launcher, switch to it and then switch back. Fixed it for me.

All widgets are frozen. A reboot only helps for a minute.

I have two dozen widgets on my desktops - timer and stopwatch widgets from the Multi Timer application. And one analog Clock widget.

Yesterday all widgets stopped responding. The hands of the clock didn't move, the stopwatches and timers also froze and didn't react to the touch. Only deleting these widgets and creating anew helped. So far, there have been no more problems. I remember that at that moment the smartphone was on recharge (25% - 80%) and warmed up. But I'm not sure if this is the case.

What could it be? I have Nova Launcher. I have had this only once - on ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 (reset helped), but once and only when setting up, then nothing like this happened. I have little information on such cases - I read somewhere that switching to the default launcher and back can help.

It is recommended to disable all energy saving for applications with widgets and for the launcher, but at that time it was already disabled. And even if that was the case, why did the widgets start to fail again after a few minutes after the reboot?