New Wifi 5Ghz not working both in MIUI 11.0.1.0 and in MIUI 12.0 STABLE ON Redmi Note 7

Mattiam2

Members
Jul 31, 2020
Hi.
Yesterday I installed the MIUI 11.0.1.0 on Redmi Note 7 EEA (the official one not the xiaomi.eu version) which has Android 10.
There was a problem: I couldn't connect to 5ghz network (my router has splitted SSID for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)
The network shows up but when I put the password and I press "Connect" it simply goes to "Saved".
2.4Ghz works correctly instead.
So I thought that I could try the Xiaomi.EU MIUI 12 stable version (which has Android 10 too) and it turns out that it has the same problem!
This problem wasn't there on MIUI 11.0.8.0 (with Android 9).
And nobody has reported this problem yet..

Last edited:
Reactions: frank_mackey
On STABLE 12.0.1.0 on my MI NOTE 10: When 5G-Router MiWi 2100 has Autoconfig on and is going to 149-165 then Wifi-Signal (only 5G) on my Mi Note is not found. It works on 2.4 GB.
When I changed the Channel on MiWi 2100 to Ch 36-48 then 5G-Signal is found on Mi Note 10. There is a bug IMO.

I'm experiencing the same problem! I can see my 5ghz WiFi, but I'm not able to connect.
I've also tried manually choosing channels, but the problem still remains.

Reactions: Mattiam2
Hi.
Yesterday I installed the MIUI 11.0.1.0 on Redmi Note 7 EEA (the official one not the xiaomi.eu version) which has Android 10.
There was a problem: I couldn't connect to 5ghz network (my router has splitted SSID for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)
The network shows up but when I put the password and I press "Connect" it simply goes to "Saved".
2.4Ghz works correctly instead.
I have the same problem since yesterday (android10...).

Reactions: Mattiam2