Wifi calling

steve2222

Members
Jul 7, 2018
Anyone been able to activate wifi calling? Really needed now, especially in the UK as Three have dropped support for their dedicated app that provided this functionality. Dropped on the basis that they say most modern phones have it built in.

Well the Mi A2 Lite does have it built in, but it has not been enabled by Xiaomi and I have no idea why.

This thread here gives more technical details which prove it is baked into the phone, but can only be activated by the user if they root their phone (which I don't want to do).

Cheers

Anyone know what the correct email address is to use to get hold of Xiaomi support to ask about the VoWifi issue?

Thanks

Hi, Did you manage to find a solution to this problem?
Thanks,
Alex
Hi Alex, no I did not. Nor did I get a response from Xiaomi when I contacted their Support services via email a couple of times.

Pretty poor of Xiaomi to not even respond to support requests in my view. You don't even get an acknowledgement nor a support ticket number - just silence.

Hi Alex, no I did not. Nor did I get a response from Xiaomi when I contacted their Support services via email a couple of times.

Pretty poor of Xiaomi to not even respond to support requests in my view. You don't even get an acknowledgement nor a support ticket number - just silence.
Thanks for getting back to me. I agree that doesn't sound like great customer service. I'll do a bit more digging and see what I find but let's hope this gets resolved soon!
Thanks again,
Alex

And now I am trying to enable wifi calling in UK as well on my Mi 9... Did you manage to get any replies guys? @Alex D @steve2222

I followed this instruction - https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/how-to/wifi-calling-volte-mi-9-t3917887

The switch is enabled. But it still does not work. EDIT - it works! Follow the link above if someone has the same problem
I never got any replies from Xiaomi support.

Re the link you quote - what works? Is it Wifi calling? What network are you on in the UK?

I never got any replies from Xiaomi support.

Re the link you quote - what works? Is it Wifi calling? What network are you on in the UK?
Yes! WiFi calling works if you follow the link guide (I did it yesterday on Three UK with my k20), no action from Three was needed (they were completely clueless on how to enable it). Use those codes and then option will appear in settings

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong because only the VoLTE code works for me and my carrier does support VoWiFi. Very annoying!