Wifi passwords

pppaolo

Members
Dec 20, 2020
Hello I have just bought 10 Ultra chinese version, installed Google Play and a bunch of Google apps.
I can't get to restore the wifi passwords from my previous Android (Huawei P30 Pro).

Any idea?

It won't put them back as it's not an Huawei. Saved settings like wi-fi might be in a different style or table. Have to put them in by hand I'm afraid.

It won't put them back as it's not an Huawei. Saved settings like wi-fi might be in a different style or table. Have to put them in by hand I'm afraid.

Thanks for the response. Actually it always worked across all the Android phones I had, I had a Samsung after my Huawei and the wifi passwords got transferred automatically via the Google Backup and Restore.
I believe my new Xiaomi is not doing that because Google Play is not natively installed and I installed it a part.

I wonder if I install Xiaomi.eu ROM will do it.

I had that hacked GMS version put on mine but no restore on mine. I installed the EU ROM as soon as it was ported from the stock back in early September. Thankfully full GMS but had to format from the stock but still no WiFi password restore of other wi-fi passwords but of course you enter one as you set up the phone. But thanks for the info, I will keep an eye out for it restoring in future. I probably just don't think about it when starting a new phone and I've had a few from knock off mark chooser Chinese copies using windows mobile or android through thl, oppo, aser, loads of Huawei but this the first Xiaomi. I've always put passwords in. May be I'll wait for the Google account restore next time.