WiFi speed of mi mix 3

MTTMM

Members
Dec 9, 2017
The broadband internet is in 1Gbps, common in my city. The WiFi router povides 866Mbps epr channel. Tested in front of the router. The speed is 20 to 25% faster than the mi 6.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-10-18-23-03-145_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-10-18-23-03-145_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 452
Reactions: cobben
From a post on weibo:
(Google translated)

" . . . MU-MIMO requires routers and mobile phones and computers to support at the same time. Routers that support MU-MIMO technology can simultaneously serve multiple such mobile phones, allowing them to simultaneously transmit data without network congestion, improving performance while reducing power consumption.

The mobile phone needs corresponding cooperation to achieve the optimal Wi-Fi transmission speed. Different from the traditional single-antenna scheme of the traditional mobile phone, the Xiaomi MIX 3 adopts a 2x2 dual antenna design, which has dual receive channel 2RX and dual transmit channel 2TX. Dual antennas transmit and connect two streams simultaneously, effectively multiplying throughput and providing faster download speeds than 1x1 single antennas. . . .

Xiaomi MIX 3 is equipped with the most advanced network connection technology such as dual-frequency GPS, 2x2 dual-channel Wi-Fi and 4x4 MIMO (LTE). The measured performance is obvious. It can be said that the current network connection performance is the strongest Xiaomi mobile phone."

But the antenna area is 72% less than previous phones, so . . . it all needs to be seriously tested in real-life situations.

Last edited:
From a post on weibo:
(Google translated)

" . . . MU-MIMO requires routers and mobile phones and computers to support at the same time. Routers that support MU-MIMO technology can simultaneously serve multiple such mobile phones, allowing them to simultaneously transmit data without network congestion, improving performance while reducing power consumption.

The mobile phone needs corresponding cooperation to achieve the optimal Wi-Fi transmission speed. Different from the traditional single-antenna scheme of the traditional mobile phone, the Xiaomi MIX 3 adopts a 2x2 dual antenna design, which has dual receive channel 2RX and dual transmit channel 2TX. Dual antennas transmit and connect two streams simultaneously, effectively multiplying throughput and providing faster download speeds than 1x1 single antennas. . . .

Xiaomi MIX 3 is equipped with the most advanced network connection technology such as dual-frequency GPS, 2x2 dual-channel Wi-Fi and 4x4 MIMO (LTE). The measured performance is obvious. It can be said that the current network connection performance is the strongest Xiaomi mobile phone."

But the antenna area is 72% less than previous phones, so . . . it all needs to be seriously tested in real-life situations.

Don't worry that my devices are high-end enough to do the test for the wifi speed.
Just need to tell you I can get 500Mbps+ in the Desktop PC wifi test and you should understand.

The experience of using Mix 3 for few days is good enough. Good 4G and good overall experience.
The wifi does break down sometimes as mentioned in china forum but I think it doesn't really matter after some updates (not to mention most of us will only get the phone after two or three months later).

Feel free to ask any questions about Mix 3 before you buy it.

Reactions: cobben
Don't worry that my devices are high-end enough to do the test for the wifi speed.
Just need to tell you I can get 500Mbps+ in the Desktop PC wifi test and you should understand.

The experience of using Mix 3 for few days is good enough. Good 4G and good overall experience.
The wifi does break down sometimes as mentioned in china forum but I think it doesn't really matter after some updates (not to mention most of us will only get the phone after two or three months later).

Feel free to ask any questions about Mix 3 before you buy it.

The breakdowns on wifi may or may not be a serious problem, depending on what you are using it for. If you have control over the router also, you can probably fix those.

Similar problems seem to be happening irregularly on LTE, where you are more or less helpless at the mercy of the operator.

If the phone and the network get into a catfight over how you should be connected, you can have problems

I had something like that already on my "older" phones (Mix 1, Mi Note 2) last spring, where they were being switched constantly between 5 - 6 different LTE bands.