Wrong Cpu Clock On 7.5.2.0 Eu Stable

buzdo

Members
Jun 25, 2016
Hey guys,

I went straight to MM 7.5.2.0 eu stable from the custom KK of the chinese seller and noticed the cpu clock is now at 2.45 ghz instead of 2.5 ghz? Is this just an informational bug or is it actually downclocked because of the rom?
I ran the antutu benchmark it still shows 2.45 ghz and also the 3d testing was horrible, glitchy video and sound.
My model is lte-cu 2/16

Just asking first if anyone experienced this before I go try different version roms, thx.

yes, the new rom downclocked processing unit and also locked 2/4 cpus no matter how u switch 'performance' on, you only have 2 cpus for running all tasks. hahaha.

I never imagined this. How come it's not written anywhere or explained? At least I didn't find anything. This is only for MM?

edit: Hm yes i see now, if you turn on "performance" 3 cores become active instead of 2, 1 core remains disabled. Under "balanced" 3rd only becomes active when needed so I see. 4th is always disabled wtf.
But this is kind of contradictory isni't it.. with 2 cores the cpu load even when supposedly idle is at ~40% load, with 3 cores the load is reduced to ~10%, isn't that better for battery?

Makes no sense to me is it really that bad for battery if all cores are turned on? I thought Mi4 was decent with battery life.

Last edited:
I never imagined this. How come it's not written anywhere or explained? At least I didn't find anything. This is only for MM?

edit: Hm yes i see now, if you turn on "performance" 3 cores become active instead of 2, 1 core remains disabled. Under "balanced" 3rd only becomes active when needed so I see. 4th is always disabled wtf.
But this is kind of contradictory isni't it.. with 2 cores the cpu load even when supposedly idle is at ~40% load, with 3 cores the load is reduced to ~10%, isn't that better for battery?

Makes no sense to me is it really that bad for battery if all cores are turned on? I thought Mi4 was decent with battery life.
My fone always runs with 2 core.. oh i juz play minigames and common tasks as facebook..

Using this rom when balanced mode my antutu's score is about 40k, when i turn on performance mode the score is about 58k. This is normal?