Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE Google calendar sound notification tied to media volume instead of ring volume

panosgg

Members
Feb 2, 2023
I am facing some problem with my Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE mobile.
In particular, the volume of the notifications of the google calendar application depends on how loud you have set the volume of the multimedia on the mobile and not the volume of the ringing sound.
Also the viber app suddenly stopped sending sound notifications and I had to reset the notification ringtone.
Finally, suddenly some of the assigned contact ringtones stopped working and I had to reset the desired ringtone for the specific contacts.
I believe that all of the above will be due to some xiaomi system application update, without being completely sure of course and without knowing which one. The problems appeared in the last week. The device is fully updated as well as the applications.
I am asking for your valuable help in solving the above issues I am facing with my device.

I am facing some problem with my Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE mobile.
In particular, the volume of the notifications of the google calendar application depends on how loud you have set the volume of the multimedia on the mobile and not the volume of the ringing sound.
Also the viber app suddenly stopped sending sound notifications and I had to reset the notification ringtone.
Finally, suddenly some of the assigned contact ringtones stopped working and I had to reset the desired ringtone for the specific contacts.
I believe that all of the above will be due to some xiaomi system application update, without being completely sure of course and without knowing which one. The problems appeared in the last week. The device is fully updated as well as the applications.
I am asking for your valuable help in solving the above issues I am facing with my device.
I am using the same version as you and I am facing this problem. V14.0.5.0.TKOCNXM

ok, I found out that the problem with google calendar notifications tied to media volume, exists on all Xiaomi smartphone that I tested. The problem does not exist on Samsung and Realme smartphones.
I do not understand why the same application is tied to notifications volume as it sood be and on Xiaomi phones is tied to media volume. This is unacceptable.

I am looking for an answer in the XDA forum, in a Greek forum for xiaomi phones (xiaomi-miui.gr), in another Greek forum related to smartphones (myphone.gr), in the Google support forum for Android, in the xiaomi.eu forum and on the new.c.mi.com forum. After a whole month I have not found a solution and no one has helped me. Please if anyone can help me.