Xiaomi 12 can't connect to Android Auto

akrukau

Members
Dec 17, 2012
Hi,
when I try to connect my phone via usb c cable, it does not connect to the car.
I have set default USB configuration to File Transfer but when plug in the usb c cable,
I see that the phone tries to connect but connection is not established. MI 11 and MI 9
have no problems. I have installed latest stable V13.0.32.0.
Anyone else with this problem? I don't think it's my car (Seat Alhambra 2017) as it
works with older Xiaomi phones.

Thanks for replies

Hello,
Same for me, it doesn't work.
I installed the latest stable version MIUI 13.0.36.0 SLCCNXM.
I tried with the original cable and several other cables it does not work.
However, these same cables with a xiaomi 11 under xiaomi.eu work very well.

Exact same issue here. When I connect my Xiaomi 12 to the head unit it only charges, no dialog to change the USB connection type is shown. It's as if I were connecting to a wall charger. AA works with other devices, and Xiaomi 12 works normally when connected to PC.
Did you report the bug? Is there a public link so I can subscribe to it?

Edit: I've also tried with many cables. Other devices don't work with Xiaomi 12's stock cable

I had this issue as well.
this is what I did to solve it - (On Skoda Otavia 2021 model)
1. delete Bluetooth connection from Phone - Forget the pairing from car.
2. Delete pairing from Car.
3. Update Android Auto to latest version (Also available from APKMirror).
4. Clear all connection from Android Auto, or clear data from it.
5. Restart Phone.
6. Connect Phone to Car using USB - make sure it is "File transfer/Android Auto)
7. Pair Bluetooth

For me it solved the problem - no matter what cable I use (Even the magnetic ones, with Data)

Reactions: anna ed
Hello,
Same for me, it doesn't work.
I installed the latest stable version MIUI 13.0.36.0 SLCCNXM.
I tried with the original cable and several other cables it does not work.
However, these same cables with a xiaomi 11 under xiaomi.eu work very well.
Hello I solved my problem. In fact on my old phones when I connected this one for the first time my Rlink2 system (Renault) allowed the phone to use Android auto. for the Xiaomi 12 this is not the case, I had to go to the settings of the rlink to allow the Xiaomi 12. Since everything works properly

Reactions: RickXy
Is it possible to use the new Xiaomi CarWith function instead of android auto? I do not find information on how it works

Hello I solved my problem. In fact on my old phones when I connected this one for the first time my Rlink2 system (Renault) allowed the phone to use Android auto. for the Xiaomi 12 this is not the case, I had to go to the settings of the rlink to allow the Xiaomi 12. Since everything works properly
Hi! Tell us in detail how you did it. You are welcome.

Connects, but no access to the Internet. I take my wife's Samsung, everything is normal at once.
Content Manager riewes - Die besten Produkte für Ihr Auto.

Last edited:
Same for me, I tried other forum indications and changed usb advanced options, updated everything etc. My friends come and connect it with all the old cables and AndroidAuto works fine.
It seems that my phone just doesn't like any cable for AA at all!!
Xiaomi or AA need to fix this soon.

Try to install latest AA version from apkmirror ..
For me it works fine.
What doesn't work is the wireless AA, but that is the car issue..

Sent from my Xiaomi 12 using Tapatalk

I would also check the phone USB port for some dust or dirt that is stick there, could affect the connector for data...

Sent from my Xiaomi 12 using Tapatalk

My Xiaomi 12 doesn't work with AA via the cable as well, had this issue since I got the phone about 5 months ago. Tried lots of different cables and settings, but nothing worked. Stays connected for no more than 15mins, before the phone goes crazy.

I gave up and purchased Carlinkit CPC200-A2A, which is working great so far.

Reactions: ciubex
Same for me, I tried other forum indications and changed usb advanced options, updated everything etc. My friends come and connect it with all the old cables and AndroidAuto works fine.
It seems that my phone just doesn't like any cable for AA at all!!
Xiaomi or AA need to fix this soon.
I fixed it buying a special cable for high speed data transfers. Shame that the cable in the box doesn't work fast enough for AA.

Not connecting, and it is not the cable or usb port. Firmware issue (Xiaomi 12, MIUI 14.0.7).