Xiaomi 12S Pro

giuseppeattilio

Members
Sep 7, 2022
Hi,

I have just bought my Xiaomi 12S PRO from China, which has Chinese ROM, but the seller also installed Google Play and Google Wallet and other Google apps and they are working, apart from Google Assistant. I would like to Flas the EU ROM "xiaomi.eu_multi_UNICORN_V13.0.12.0.SLECNXM_v13-12-fastboot" but I have a couple of questions:

1. Once I unlock the bootloader to flash the ROM, will it be better to lock the bootloader again? And if so, will it be easy to do it?

2. Once I flash the EU ROM, will Google Pay/Wallet work normally without any subsequent action and even if the bootloader is unlocked?

Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe

1) Absolutely not, the phones can't run a custom ROM with a locked bootloader.

2) Yes, it should work

Reactions: katerpanne
The EU team do their best so that everything work, and most of the time it does. I can't give you a more specific answer.

In the end, Google Pay is an external system. Any day Google can push an update that make their services impossible to use on your Chinese ROM too.

The EU team do their best so that everything work, and most of the time it does. I can't give you a more specific answer.

In the end, Google Pay is an external system. Any day Google can push an update that make their services impossible to use on your Chinese ROM too.
Ok, thanks a lot

Sorry again, I have another question, after I flash the rom with "xiaomi.eu_multi_UNICORN_V13.0.12.0.SLECNXM_v13-12-fastboot", will the phone get OTA updates?

Thanks in advance,
Giuseppe

Hello I have flashed my phone with the ROM "xiaomi.eu_multi_UNICORN_V13.0.12.0.SLECNXM_v13-12-fastboot" and Google Wallet works, I was able to get an OTA update. Thanks a lot

Hello, guys,

Do you know how to set the "direct dial" widget to use always the phone app, and not ask me every time if I would like to complete the action using skype or viber? It's not really a "direct dial" if it doesn't dial directly :). I tried using alternative contacts/phone apps but no matter what permissions I grant or take away, the widgets always asks me to choose an app to finalize the call. Anyone with a hint to fix that?