Invalid Xiaomi 12S Ultra Google assistant won't wake up phone.

aegdawson

Members
Mar 15, 2021
Google assistant is unable to wake up device when locked, despite "Assistant responses on lock screen" options being enabled.
MIUI 14.0.3.0.TLACNMX Stable

"on lock screen" means on lock screen, not when the screen is off.
Voice Match while screen is off is not possible on devices that don't have a Global model. Google Play services just won't let you.

Reactions: EMJI1979
"on lock screen" means on lock screen, not when the screen is off.
Voice Match while screen is off is not possible on devices that don't have a Global model. Google Play services just won't let you.
How about Redmi k50 Ultra?

It's already possible on diting.
Thanks for reply.

I'm using MIUI 14 14.0.23.2.27DEV.
When setting voice match, shows that it can be used when the screen is off. But after setting, it shows that it can only be used when the screen is turned on.

Any idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-06-17-50-34-604_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-06-17-50-34-604_com.android.settings.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_2023-03-06-17-51-30-566_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-06-17-51-30-566_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot_2023-03-06-17-51-42-277_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-06-17-51-42-277_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply.

I'm using MIUI 14 14.0.23.2.27DEV.
When setting voice match, shows that it can be used when the screen is off. But after setting, it shows that it can only be used when the screen is turned on.

Any idea?
Are you using Magisk? Some modules you have installed?

Are you using Magisk? Some modules you have installed?
I use twrp to install a clean eu rom. No modules nor Magisk installed.
By the way, I upgraded to this version from the earliest MIUI 14 development version. I think a system reinstall should fix this problem, but I want to try anything else first without clearing my data.

Thanks again for the reply.

I use twrp to install a clean eu rom. No modules nor Magisk installed.
By the way, I upgraded to this version from the earliest MIUI 14 development version. I think a system reinstall should fix this problem, but I want to try anything else first without clearing my data.

Thanks again for the reply.
In that case try clearing app data for "Google" (search) app, reopen it (let it reinitialize) and reenable Voice Match.

In that case try clearing app data for "Google" (search) app, reopen it (let it reinitialize) and reenable Voice Match.
Oh, I should explain what I did to solve the problem.
1. Clear Google app data. (as the picture shows)
2. Change the region to various places (such as the United States, Europe, etc.).
3. Change the system language and Google application language (such as English, Chinese)
4. Update and execute Google Apps.
5. Try checking the option in the Google app.
6. Each step will execute the first step and restart the system.
Neither can succeed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-06-20-24-47-963_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-06-20-24-47-963_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Oh, I should explain what I did to solve the problem.
1. Clear Google app data. (as the picture shows)
2. Change the region to various places (such as the United States, Europe, etc.).
3. Change the system language and Google application language (such as English, Chinese)
4. Update and execute Google Apps.
5. Try checking the option in the Google app.
6. Each step will execute the first step and restart the system.
Neither can succeed.
I only said to do one thing, not all this...
Using ADB, do "getprop > props.txt" and attach it here.

I've looked through the props, and it looks fine. This will need further research.