Xiaomi 12S Ultra Xiaomi.EU Rom Support

Thanks for the link. I don't see the need for such an unfriendly tone however.

Thanks. I have read in some threads here now but am still a bit unsure so I will try to explain my question as good as I can.

1)
In my 12S Ultra I had the version of 13.0.8 that was installed over fastboot but contained TWRP. The phone showed that update was available so I downloded it. I could not find the file and the "sdcard"-folder was empty when browsing from within the TWPR-mode in the phone. I wrote the question above. Restarted the phone and then it found the file and installed it by itself. Excellent.

2)
I did not format anything but did wipe the dalvik cache and rebooted. Phone reboots but is "empty", need to set up everything again. Is this normal when doing the first installation över twrb adn not fastboot? Or should I be able to start and keep all my setting from before? (all apps was installed and all settings made). I can see that a move from stock to xiaomi.eu always mean a reinstall of everything and likewise if I go between weekly <=> stable but is this the case also now?

BR
read my howto and go step by step...

@gogocar62 I dont know what to say…

Hi, i have 2 questions.

1. my 12s ultra video recording function became weird after i update to xiaomi.eu. the sound goes on and off every few seconds.
any recommendation to fix this? there were no problem when i use China rom
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is bothering me so much, and it seems like i am the only one to have this problem?

2. previously with my xiaomi 8, i can choose which app to use to open certain web address, but with xiaomi12s ultra,
neither china rom nor europe rom can allow me to do so
( i did change settings in "managr apps>default apps>opening links>installed apps", but it doesnt help)

Thanks in advance.

Good news is after 13.0.9 EU rom update, don't need to turn on "Force full GNSS Measurements" setting in developer options anymore for Google maps to work properly on Android Auto wireless. Should save quite a bit of batt and heat.

Waze is still bugged tho

Sent from my 2203121C using Tapatalk

Latest update also fixed for me Log in issues for revolut app. Selfie successfully sent and logged in with no problem.

Please need help.
12s Ultra suck in fastboot after trying to install twrp

c:\adb>fastboot.exe boot twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (102400 KB) OKAY [ 2.167s]
Booting FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Bad Buffer Size')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Attachments

• as.png
    as.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 134
read my howto and go step by step...

@gogocar62 I dont know what to say…
It's a A/B unit but things seems to have worked out a bit different than in the guide because after the download and reboot to TWRP i first did not find the downloaded file but after restarting the phone the whole installation started automatically so I never saw some of the steps. I had the version here where I have installed stable 13.0.8 over fastbot with TWRP included and this was the first attemt to do a OTA update to 13.0.9.

I have read the guide and does still not understand why I needed to reinstall everything (but that is not the most important part), what I would be really happy if someone could explain however is:
Is there anything I can to next time I update over OTA that helps me avoid having to reinstall everything again? (or will it work by "itself" next time by just installing as under the chapter "Boot and install TWRP / ROM on A/B device" in the link?

BR

Reactions: katerpanne
It's a A/B unit but things seems to have worked out a bit different than in the guide because after the download and reboot to TWRP i first did not find the downloaded file but after restarting the phone the whole installation started automatically so I never saw some of the steps. I had the version here where I have installed stable 13.0.8 over fastbot with TWRP included and this was the first attemt to do a OTA update to 13.0.9.

I have read the guide and does still not understand why I needed to reinstall everything (but that is not the most important part), what I would be really happy if someone could explain however is:
Is there anything I can to next time I update over OTA that helps me avoid having to reinstall everything again? (or will it work by "itself" next time by just installing as under the chapter "Boot and install TWRP / ROM on A/B device" in the link?

BR
U only need to use install, select the zip file and start installing. I don't recall needing to select A/B device for mi 12s ultra.

Hi, i have a problem encountered after flashing the EU rom (fastboot, the original version) and I didn't find it mentioned or found already.
So, I unlocked the bootloader (correctly, everthing fine using the official tool).
Then, in fastboot mode, i flashed the rom using the script: no error encountered, the prompt closed itself and the phone rebooted normally.
After that, the attached screen comes up on the phone, so I insert my xiaomi account password (is correct), it ask for 2-factor autentication (I used phone, the unlock xiaomi tool made me waste all the 3 mail tries before) and after that, it unlocks for a split second, where it shows my "insert sim pin" screen and then it unlocks again, with again the attached screen (it's like a loop).
What can I do? I already tried to reset my password and reflash the rom but it doesn't change.

Sorry if it's not stricly related to the rom but i'm pretty lost, and before that it was working on the CN rom

EDIT: i'll leave it here for utility, i resolved this problem removing the phone (which i previously linked to my Xiaomi account) from the section "devices" of my Xiaomi Account, it unlocked right away.

Attachments

• b3654d6a-e754-4851-bf1d-c61633e114f5.jpg
    b3654d6a-e754-4851-bf1d-c61633e114f5.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Hi everyone and my congratulations to developers in special and all members in general. I appreciate very much your work.

I have a question, on my 12s ultra should I install xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V13.0.8.0.SLACNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip and then upgrade to xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V13.0.9.0.SLACNXM_v13-12.zip. or could I install right away latest version ?

I ask because I can’t see the script “./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat” on V13.0.9.0 version.

Thanks so much

Good afternoon,

I didn't find the right answer yet and still waiting for a charitable soul who could make the favour to help.
All the best from the ignorance

Last edited:
Hi everyone and my congratulations to developers in special and all members in general. I appreciate very much your work.

I have a question, on my 12s ultra should I install xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V13.0.8.0.SLACNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip and then upgrade to xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V13.0.9.0.SLACNXM_v13-12.zip. or could I install right away latest version ?

I ask because I can’t see the script “./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat” on V13.0.9.0 version.

Thanks so much
use the f$%& search function…

• Wow
Reactions: JiaiJ
use the f$%& search function…
Thanks so much for your kind and nice answer.
Have a nice day

• Love
Reactions: katerpanne
FYI, GetApps allows you to update Gallery Editor so you can use the latest function on euROM as well.

the app might tell you "Can't connect to the network". If so, tap back button then "Skip" to get access.

FYI, GetApps allows you to update Gallery Editor so you can use the latest function on euROM as well.

the app might tell you "Can't connect to the network". If so, tap back button then "Skip" to get access.

GetApps will auto-update system apps, overwriting any changes we made to them. You should NOT use it on our ROMs.
You can download Gallery Editor as an APK from safe sources like APKMirror.

GetApps will auto-update system apps, overwriting any changes we made to them. You should NOT use it on our ROMs.
You can download Gallery Editor as an APK from safe sources like APKMirror.

It's weird but GetApps on my euROM doesn't work properly (since it's originally for CN ROM?). I was able to choose whether to update or not. As long as it doesn't do auto-update, I personally like using it as I can check what system apps got an update without constantly checking APKMirror or SNS. I'm sure some people want to test out new Gallery Editor on euROM asap like the latest one got a time stamp/location removal function on AI art framing.

Attachments

• IMG_20220917_044816.jpg
    IMG_20220917_044816.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 107
It's weird but GetApps on my euROM doesn't work properly (since it's originally for CN ROM?). I was able to choose whether to update or not. As long as it doesn't do auto-update, I personally like using it as I can check what system apps got an update without constantly checking APKMirror or SNS. I'm sure some people want to test out new Gallery Editor on euROM asap like the latest one got a time stamp/location removal function on AI art framing.
You can install the Gallery Editor so that Gallery uses it instead of the built-in editor, since Gallery Editor app is not included with the ROMs.
Just don't overwrite any apps that are included with the ROMs, otherwise we can't help you if something is missing or not working properly.

Reactions: Mi616
I have noticed when I go to Settings > Sound & Touch > and I press the Alarm setting to set a sound, nothing happens. I am able the set the sound for the Notifications and Ringtone but not the Alarm. As a workaround, I do it in the clock app to set the alarm sound.

I tried to reset my phone and this fixed the issue but issue came back after updating the EU rom.

Anyone else having this issue? Bug?

Has anyone noticed that their 12s ultra is recognized by Google as a Google Pixel 2 after installing eu rom?

Reactions: xianchu
@Igor Eisberg can we get a fix for hiding the navigation bar while using gesture mode in a launcher which isn't the default one?
I'm using FNG to bypass it but it's restarting several times a day by itself (and yes I've changed all of the settings I should to disable the system from shutting it down, maybe there is something hidden that I've missed).
Or is this something complicated that we can't have in this rom?

thanks