Xiaomi 12S Ultra Xiaomi.EU Rom Support

@Igor Eisberg can we get a fix for hiding the navigation bar while using gesture mode in a launcher which isn't the default one?
I'm using FNG to bypass it but it's restarting several times a day by itself (and yes I've changed all of the settings I should to disable the system from shutting it down, maybe there is something hidden that I've missed).
Or is this something complicated that we can't have in this rom?

thanks
There is no fix because nothing is broken. MIUI System launcher doesn't support full-screen gestures when another launcher is used by default. It even says so when you're trying to change the launcher while the gestures are used.

There is no fix because nothing is broken. MIUI System launcher doesn't support full-screen gestures when another launcher is used by default. It even says so when you're trying to change the launcher while the gestures are used.
Correct but this is set in the code. You are a dev right? There's nothing you can customize there?

Sent from my 2203121C using Tapatalk

Correct but this is set in the code. You are a dev right? There's nothing you can customize there?
1) If you don't understand the complexity of what you're asking, just don't ask.
2) Why would I want to fix a whole app? You want to use a third-party launcher, great, fix it yourself, don't go asking others to make your life more comfortable.

We promised MIUI ROMs and we delivered. It's not in our interest to fix MIUI for Xiaomi.

Reactions: ingbrzy
1) If you don't understand the complexity of what you're asking, just don't ask.
2) Why would I want to fix a whole app? You want to use a third-party launcher, great, fix it yourself, don't go asking others to make your life more comfortable.

We promised MIUI ROMs and we delivered. It's not in our interest to fix MIUI for Xiaomi.
Touchy Subject
Get triggered much?
giphy.gif

When you tell someone "You are a dev right?" and then assigning him a task for you, you should expect that response.
Well, that's the way you decided to read and interpret it based on your low confidence and then decided to act the way you did, with a rude response.
that's the 2nd time now you act like that (in several months).
I feel it's just who you are.
I won't take it against you.
I hope you stop being rude to people who ask questions when they don't know things instead of suggesting to "just don't ask" and to "fix it yourself".

Well, that's the way you decided to read and interpret it based on your low confidence and then decided to act the way you did, with a rude response.
that's the 2nd time now you act like that (in several months).
I feel it's just who you are.
I won't take it against you.
I hope you stop being rude to people who ask questions when they don't know things instead of suggesting to "just don't ask" and to "fix it yourself".
Now you're giving me a psychiatric evaluation?
When I told you "MIUI System launcher doesn't support full-screen gestures when another launcher is used by default.", you should have concluded that I already know what I'm talking about, and if you searched the forum, you could have seen that I already answered this question multiple times.
Instead, you decided that if "I'm a dev" then surely I can do everything and that all it takes is a bit of manipulation on your part.
I'm done with this discussion.

Why are members sometime so rude and entitled. It's already good that developer delivered a great app, why must you demand them to build features and fix MIUI issues. If you need, tell me and I quote you a price for it, plus you need to give me the MIUI source codes. If you don't have 250k USD at least, don't bother. That is the least minimum value volunteer here are giving us and we are so unappreciative

I've just fixed the issue.

[TWRP]
1. Reboot - Recovery
2. Install - Select zip and flash
3. Reboot

For Magisk, I re-installed via TWRP after the update and all the settings/modules were restored without problem.
really thank you for that i was readingn the forum because i was stuck and couldnt update but rebooting again to recovery it worked like a charm and let me updated it.

Reactions: Mi616
Hello, I've updated my 12SU to latest, but now it always shows that there's an update (see attached screenshot). Tried to clear cache for updater but it didn't help.
How it can be fixed ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-23-10-39-15-195_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-23-10-39-15-195_com.android.settings.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 150
Hello, I've updated my 12SU to latest, but now it always shows that there's an update (see attached screenshot). Tried to clear cache for updater but it didn't help.
How it can be fixed ?
After several hours it disappeared. Now it's ok

hello friend, on your whatsapp, the names of the contacts are disappearing and appearing, if so! what is the solution to this problem?

Attachments

• IMG-20221018-WA0271.jpg
    IMG-20221018-WA0271.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG-20221018-WA0270.jpg
    IMG-20221018-WA0270.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: Vioufaros
hello friend, on your whatsapp, the names of the contacts are disappearing and appearing, if so! what is the solution to this problem?
Hello, i think it has to do with the permissions i think! when u installed u may clicked allow while using the app, i had the same issue with viber and whatsapp i tryed like this and its okay give it all time access and u will be fine i guess:)

Attachments

• 313103741_486884530131756_6901576167946764038_n.jpg
    313103741_486884530131756_6901576167946764038_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 84
I am currently running the latest EU rom and I am having call issues when the phone switches from VoLTE to VoWiFi. This has been going on for about 2-3 months now.

When the phone switches from VoLTE to VoWiFi during a call, the voice starts breaking up on the other end, but I was told they can hear me fine. Sometimes the phone switches back to VoLTE automatically and the voice quality is restored, but other times the call stays in VoWiFi and I have to disable WiFi to force the call back to VoLTE to restore voice quality.

I tried to reset wi-fi, mobile, Bluetooth settings
Removed Wifi networks and reconnected to my phone.
I looked at the router settings and even rebooted the router.
Wireless carrier has WiFi Calling enabled on my account.
Cleared Google Phone app cache.
Issue still persists.
Don't want to factory reset my phone because it would take a while to setup some work applications I have, etc.

Anybody else experiencing this issue or know how to fix it?

Any thoughts on MIUI14?
Mine(V14.0.2.0) is running pretty good. It became smoother and more power efficient. You can also expand RAM up to 7GB lol I think it's one more to go for the hidden Surge C2 chip being enabled!

As for OTA update, my MIUI13 Stable(V13.0.11.0) somehow installed MIUI14 Weekly so I manually installed Stable. I kept all my data safe and was able to restore Magisk from the default TWRP.

Just be careful with cross update as the device might get stuck in a reboot loop. However, fastboot install is required this time. I see some people reporting a bugs on V14.0.3.0. but I have no issue with V14.0.2.0. so far.

I need help to download and flash latest TWRP for my 12s ultra

Where can I download and find guide to flash

Corrupt my data partition on current Twrp

I need help to download and flash latest TWRP for my 12s ultra

Where can I download and find guide to flash
Every single new ROM release gives you all of the information you are looking for. Unsure why it keeps getting asked so often all over the place. Here's specifically what I do on my 12S Ultra with the assumption you've already used Xiaomi.EU before(Have had the phone unlocked by Xiaomi):

I go to Bugs sticky and see if there's any deal breakers listed as a "go" or "no go" for the weekly. I grab the latest TWRP I then go to MIUI 14 Threads look for the latest sticky non-stable release and look for "DOWNLOAD WEEKLY" in the first post. Sometimes there's more than one link(for when different phones might have different versions). Here's this week(14.0.23.1.9.DEV). I then look for "Thor" or "12S"(and "Ultra") in the list. I keep my phone downloads in c:\Thor I have Android Studio installed, so adb and fastboot are part of the Android SDK so I have one extra step I follow as part of my command prompt business

I plug my phone into a usb cable on my windows PC.
I hold power button and down volume button on the phone, eventually the phone will restart and I keep holding the buttons until I feel it vibrate. It will then display "Fastboot".
I hit start, type cmd and click to launch
I then type(anything in parentheses are comments and not to be typed) :
cd \Thor
path=%path%;C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
copy twrp-3.7.0_12-v7.0_A13-thor-skkk.img twrp.img
fastboot devices

(for me, it then shows "cd77a2d1 fastboot" letting me know my computer and my phone are able to communicate, if I don't get this, I have made some mistake and I start all over)
fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img
(Once it says it's complete, I hold down the power and up volume buttons until it restarts and vibrates. I then let go of the buttons. TWRP should load up and ask for my passcode. I enter it in and it should decrypt without errors. If there are errors, I start all over again)
adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.23.1.9.DEV_v14-13.zip /storage
(It will take quite some time for it to be sent over. You can thank Xiaomi for fast charging speeds but slow USB2.0 transfer speeds)
adb shell twrp install /storage/xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.23.1.9.DEV_v14-13.zip
(TWRP will then start showing you the progress and eventually reboot. This will take quite a long time and you will initially be scared because your screen will be black for a long time. This is normal and you need to wait it out. I typically just go do other stuff while its going on and eventually your computer will make that noise when something gets connected via USB. I then hold volume up and power button to restart into TWRP. I put in my passcode to decrypt. Click the "Wipe" button in the upper right hand side. Click "Advanced wipe". Check -only- "Dalvik/ART Cache" and swipe at the bottom on "Swipe to Wipe". I then hit the back button until I get to the main screen, click "Advanced". Then "File Manager". Then "data". Then "system". Then "package_cache". Then click the little blue box in the lower right hand corner and click "Delete". I use the back button to get back to the main screen, click "Reboot" then "System". Once my phone finishes coming up, I unlock and try out my most used apps. Things are likely a little slow, but this is normal because it's having to rebuild it's cache that keeps things snappy. I go into Settings, Additional Settings, Developer Options and scroll way down to "USB debugging". I turn it on, select "I'm aware" and wait for the countdown to finish and click "OK". It will then prompt to confirm that I want to allow my computer access and I agree. Now back to command prompt..)
adb shell pm disable-user com.android.traceur
(this is -absolutely- not required. If you are having -any- problem, don't do this because you won't get any trace logs which is useful for figuring out problems. I do it for the tiny bit of performance.)
adb shell "cmd package bg-dexopt-job"
(This will take 15+ minutes. Remember we cleared the cache stuff earlier? Normally the cache will only be built as you use things or when the phone is idle. This means over the next several days your phone will start doing all sorts of stuff to make your experience better, but that also means your battery life will seemingly go to the crapper because it's doing all this extra work. This forces it to happen -now- so the rest of the week you get better battery life and snappier performance. It won't show anything while this is running, when it's done, unlock your phone and turn off USB debugging. You can then get out of settings and unplug your phone from your computer)
exit

That's what I did Monday when I got in front of my desktop at work(except the TWRP version was 6.9). You'll find -hundreds- of posts about how to do it in the forums with a lot of variation and absolutely need to search first before asking in the future. The above is what I've done since I got my MI9 when it came out(with obvious variations on links). It is CRITICAL that you read at least the first two or three posts on any ROM release COMPLETELY to see if there's any comments about specific issues. If there's issues listed that worry you, skip the release. It's absolutely dumb to update just to have the latest-greatest and lose functionality. Complaining after the fact is pointless. The team that puts together Xiaomi.eu does an amazing job getting the Xiaomi builds pushed out to us but they can't fix stuff Xiaomi breaks. People do upgrade even if there are issues and are able to help debug and come up with workarounds or have the time to help report issues to Xiaomi. If you aren't one of these advanced users, don't become a statistic on these forums. There's thousands of posts filled with "I paid money for this phone! Fix it!" when they paid Xiaomi, not the Xiaomi.eu team.

Reactions: MKChung
Every single new ROM release gives you all of the information you are looking for. Unsure why it keeps getting asked so often all over the place. Here's specifically what I do on my 12S Ultra with the assumption you've already used Xiaomi.EU before(Have had the phone unlocked by Xiaomi):

I go to Bugs sticky and see if there's any deal breakers listed as a "go" or "no go" for the weekly. I grab the latest TWRP I then go to MIUI 14 Threads look for the latest sticky non-stable release and look for "DOWNLOAD WEEKLY" in the first post. Sometimes there's more than one link(for when different phones might have different versions). Here's this week(14.0.23.1.9.DEV). I then look for "Thor" or "12S"(and "Ultra") in the list. I keep my phone downloads in c:\Thor I have Android Studio installed, so adb and fastboot are part of the Android SDK so I have one extra step I follow as part of my command prompt business

I plug my phone into a usb cable on my windows PC.
I hold power button and down volume button on the phone, eventually the phone will restart and I keep holding the buttons until I feel it vibrate. It will then display "Fastboot".
I hit start, type cmd and click to launch
I then type(anything in parentheses are comments and not to be typed) :
cd \Thor
path=%path%;C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
copy twrp-3.7.0_12-v7.0_A13-thor-skkk.img twrp.img
fastboot devices

(for me, it then shows "cd77a2d1 fastboot" letting me know my computer and my phone are able to communicate, if I don't get this, I have made some mistake and I start all over)
fastboot flash recovery_ab twrp.img
(Once it says it's complete, I hold down the power and up volume buttons until it restarts and vibrates. I then let go of the buttons. TWRP should load up and ask for my passcode. I enter it in and it should decrypt without errors. If there are errors, I start all over again)
adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.23.1.9.DEV_v14-13.zip /storage
(It will take quite some time for it to be sent over. You can thank Xiaomi for fast charging speeds but slow USB2.0 transfer speeds)
adb shell twrp install /storage/xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.23.1.9.DEV_v14-13.zip
(TWRP will then start showing you the progress and eventually reboot. This will take quite a long time and you will initially be scared because your screen will be black for a long time. This is normal and you need to wait it out. I typically just go do other stuff while its going on and eventually your computer will make that noise when something gets connected via USB. I then hold volume up and power button to restart into TWRP. I put in my passcode to decrypt. Click the "Wipe" button in the upper right hand side. Click "Advanced wipe". Check -only- "Dalvik/ART Cache" and swipe at the bottom on "Swipe to Wipe". I then hit the back button until I get to the main screen, click "Advanced". Then "File Manager". Then "data". Then "system". Then "package_cache". Then click the little blue box in the lower right hand corner and click "Delete". I use the back button to get back to the main screen, click "Reboot" then "System". Once my phone finishes coming up, I unlock and try out my most used apps. Things are likely a little slow, but this is normal because it's having to rebuild it's cache that keeps things snappy. I go into Settings, Additional Settings, Developer Options and scroll way down to "USB debugging". I turn it on, select "I'm aware" and wait for the countdown to finish and click "OK". It will then prompt to confirm that I want to allow my computer access and I agree. Now back to command prompt..)
adb shell pm disable-user com.android.traceur
(this is -absolutely- not required. If you are having -any- problem, don't do this because you won't get any trace logs which is useful for figuring out problems. I do it for the tiny bit of performance.)
adb shell "cmd package bg-dexopt-job"
(This will take 15+ minutes. Remember we cleared the cache stuff earlier? Normally the cache will only be built as you use things or when the phone is idle. This means over the next several days your phone will start doing all sorts of stuff to make your experience better, but that also means your battery life will seemingly go to the crapper because it's doing all this extra work. This forces it to happen -now- so the rest of the week you get better battery life and snappier performance. It won't show anything while this is running, when it's done, unlock your phone and turn off USB debugging. You can then get out of settings and unplug your phone from your computer)
exit

That's what I did Monday when I got in front of my desktop at work(except the TWRP version was 6.9). You'll find -hundreds- of posts about how to do it in the forums with a lot of variation and absolutely need to search first before asking in the future. The above is what I've done since I got my MI9 when it came out(with obvious variations on links). It is CRITICAL that you read at least the first two or three posts on any ROM release COMPLETELY to see if there's any comments about specific issues. If there's issues listed that worry you, skip the release. It's absolutely dumb to update just to have the latest-greatest and lose functionality. Complaining after the fact is pointless. The team that puts together Xiaomi.eu does an amazing job getting the Xiaomi builds pushed out to us but they can't fix stuff Xiaomi breaks. People do upgrade even if there are issues and are able to help debug and come up with workarounds or have the time to help report issues to Xiaomi. If you aren't one of these advanced users, don't become a statistic on these forums. There's thousands of posts filled with "I paid money for this phone! Fix it!" when they paid Xiaomi, not the Xiaomi.eu team.
Is it possible apply to stable rom xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.5.0.TLACNXM_v14-13 update?

Is it possible apply to stable rom xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.5.0.TLACNXM_v14-13 update?
From what I understand, you can generally go forward(called a "dirty" flash) you just can't go backward without needing to format("clean" because there's nothing left of the old) first. So as long as the version number of what you are trying to install is greater than what you currently have, you are good.

Hi, i have a problem encountered after flashing the EU rom (fastboot, the original version) and I didn't find it mentioned or found already.
So, I unlocked the bootloader (correctly, everthing fine using the official tool).
Then, in fastboot mode, i flashed the rom using the script: no error encountered, the prompt closed itself and the phone rebooted normally.
After that, the attached screen comes up on the phone, so I insert my xiaomi account password (is correct), it ask for 2-factor autentication (I used phone, the unlock xiaomi tool made me waste all the 3 mail tries before) and after that, it unlocks for a split second, where it shows my "insert sim pin" screen and then it unlocks again, with again the attached screen (it's like a loop).
What can I do? I already tried to reset my password and reflash the rom but it doesn't change.

Sorry if it's not stricly related to the rom but i'm pretty lost, and before that it was working on the CN rom

EDIT: i'll leave it here for utility, i resolved this problem removing the phone (which i previously linked to my Xiaomi account) from the section "devices" of my Xiaomi Account, it unlocked right away.
i have the same issue...how you resolve ,because i delete the devices on my acount (pc)-login again on phone ,and i cant add device on my account