Xiaomi 12S Ultra

Anyone got galaxy watch 4 4g to pair with 12s ultra china rom getting "phone not compatible"
I also have problems connecting my Galaxy Watch 4 with my 12S mayfly. Exactly the same message "phone not compatible". After some research I found out that the GMS is the problem. The China Roms have a stripped down version of GMS which is why some Google features like Google One backups and location history don't work. I guess that's why we can't connect the Galaxy Watch 4. We have to wait for the EU Rom

Anyone got galaxy watch 4 4g to pair with 12s ultra china rom getting "phone not compatible"

Enabled every permission in the world
Turned off miui optimisation
I can't even get the wear OS app to open for my non-Samsung wear OS watch.Just hangs on the splash screen. I just got the phone today.

Just curious: how long does it usually take for you to make a custom ROM?
No rush and no pressure :)
Just wondering if this is a few weeks or a few months.

Thanks for all your work anyway

Reactions: Chris in Melbourne
Just curious: how long does it usually take for you to make a custom ROM?
No rush and no pressure :)
Just wondering if this is a few weeks or a few months.

Thanks for all your work anyway
I'm not involved but it looks like the last one took a month and a half from the Chinese launch. So hopefully in a week or two if it's the same, which it might not be. Beggars can't be choosers.

Reactions: biscoot
I'm not involved but it looks like the last one took a month and a half from the Chinese launch. So hopefully in a week or two if it's the same, which it might not be. Beggars can't be choosers.
Hi Chris, are you getting 5G or VoLTE in Melbourne? And who's your service provider? Thanks

Anybody can guide me? Using 12s ultra on china ROM obviously

1. Can I enable android auto?
2. I am unable to activate google backup, anyone can advise?
3. Outlook calendar has a bug, unable to forward or view events in calendar

1. Android auto is not working. We wait for the devs of xiaomi.eu to make their own rom.
2. For Google backup, do you mean Google sync? It works with me. Be sure "basic Google services" is enabled.
3. Can't help here. I'm not using outlook

Hi everyone,

I've bought the 12s ultra from giztop, it came with Chinese Rom AND Google services installed.
Android auto isn't working at all, I understood that it's a known issue with chinese rom.

So I'm waiting like a lot of people, the release of eu rom.

The problem is, that I know quite nothing about flashing rom.
I also saw that there is a twrp version, which I don't know what that means, (is it eu rom equivalent) ?
So, do you advice to setup the twrp or to wait for the eu rom ?

Another question is about the OTA updates and also the miui updates: Will it be supported in eu rom ?

Sorry for the beginner's questions, but it will be very nive if you can help me to get some explanations:emoji_thinking:

Thank you

What is TWRP?
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. It is a custom touch recovery that is GUI baset.
TWRP allows the following features:
Backups of partitions in TAR or raw Image format
Restore backups from internal storage, external SD storage or OTG devices
Custom Firmware installation
Partition wiping
File deletion
Terminal access
ADB Root Shell
Theme Support
Possible decryption support depending on device
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xiaomi.eu releases MIUI and Android updates based on updates released by Xiaomi.
If there is a working TWRP for that model, OTA updates from xiaomi.eu are also available.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn how to install xiaomi.eu ROM.

Reactions: katerpanne
What is TWRP?
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. It is a custom touch recovery that is GUI baset.
TWRP allows the following features:
Backups of partitions in TAR or raw Image format
Restore backups from internal storage, external SD storage or OTG devices
Custom Firmware installation
Partition wiping
File deletion
Terminal access
ADB Root Shell
Theme Support
Possible decryption support depending on device
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xiaomi.eu releases MIUI and Android updates based on updates released by Xiaomi.
If there is a working TWRP for that model, OTA updates from xiaomi.eu are also available.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn how to install xiaomi.eu ROM.
No need root to install twrp and eu ROM right?

Android Auto and google fixed :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-08-19-10-07-904_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-08-19-10-07-904_com.miui.home.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot_2022-08-08-19-09-35-037_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-08-19-09-35-037_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_2022-08-08-19-08-55-320_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-08-19-08-55-320_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 229
No need root to install twrp and eu ROM right?
No need to root the system. You only need to to have the bootloader unlocked, and unlocking a new phone usually requires about a 1-week wait imposed by Xiaomi. However all manner of security-signaling apps (e.g. some banking apps) crying about your unlocked bootloader or unrecognized ROM and refusing to work properly may compel you to escalate and by rooting the system and installing some counter-measures in order to try to hide your customization from those apps so that they work properly.

No need to root the system. You only need to to have the bootloader unlocked, and unlocking a new phone usually requires about a 1-week wait imposed by Xiaomi. However all manner of security-signaling apps (e.g. some banking apps) crying about your unlocked bootloader or unrecognized ROM and refusing to work properly may compel you to escalate and by rooting the system and installing some counter-measures in order to try to hide your customization from those apps so that they work properly.
Will the .eu rom make those banking app issues go away?