Xiaomi 13 - CN ADD FRENCH LANGUAGE

zakiyy

Members
Feb 15, 2024
Hello,
I was asking how can i add french on this mobile since it has only English and chinese language. I cann flash to Global since i need to unlock Bootloader and i am not qualified to unlock the bootloader.

SO what is the option left for me?

Search for "MoreLocale 2". I did not test it, but it was suggested by a comment (I think the comment was deleted because it was in french).

Keep in mind this is a forum dedicated to a custom ROM, so the support you will get for the original Chinese ROM is limited.

hello,
ANyone can help me?
Hi!
I am using a Redmi 13 with Chinese ROM and had the same problem, but with Spanish language. I tried morelocale 2, but didn't work. The same with HyperOS Bootlader Bypass and Xiaomikey. After many researches I found the solution of the youtuber Bollo González, who introduces the app SetEdit in this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After setting "es-ES" as shown in the video and reboot the device, most of the apps language changed to Spanish, and that is the language shown in Languages & Input, although Spanish is not among the options once you touch Languages. So if you change back to English or Chinese, you still need to set the language through SetEdit.

I guess you can change the locale to French by changing the value of system-locale to "fr-FR", as it is shown in the video. If some applications don't change the language, you just need to reinstall them. For the settings app, I installed system.apk linked by vicdorke in a Github issue on HyperOS-BootLoader-Bypass (which stopped working).

Last edited: