Xiaomi 13T Patreon rom

Mysteryagr

Members
Apr 3, 2020
I am currently using the Xiaomi 13T global version, which was released without Leica Camera settings. As the hardware is identical for both Leica and non-Leica releases, I believe that the software may be restricting Leica Camera settings. I am considering switching to the xiaomi.eu rom by subscribing to Patreon monthly updates. However, I would like to confirm that Leica camera settings will work before making this decision. If this is not the appropriate forum to inquire about this, please direct me to the correct one. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20240412_181829.jpg
    IMG_20240412_181829.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 30
After some research i've found that both versions use the same SONY IMX-707 sensor and the non-Leica version obviously misses the Leica features in the camera app. We need to see whether or not the devs developed the rom for the Leica version or not. If they included Leica functions then you should be okay but i can't find any info about this rom

It would be best to contact a developer but i don't know any other way than to wait for a response on this forum

Reactions: Mysteryagr
After some research i've found that both versions use the same SONY IMX-707 sensor and the non-Leica version obviously misses the Leica features in the camera app. We need to see whether or not the devs developed the rom for the Leica version or not. If they included Leica functions then you should be okay but i can't find any info about this rom

It would be best to contact a developer but i don't know any other way than to wait for a response on this forum
I believe the only difference between the two versions is that Xiaomi has somehow disabled the Leica settings from the camera app. My theory is that the camera reads the device's IMEI or a similar identifier to determine the country of origin and then enables or disables certain settings accordingly. This may be happening during the initial setup process. I could be mistaken, but I have a strong suspicion that the settings are disabled in the software of the global ROM rather than the hardware.

I don't see any indication that Leica customized Camera app is missing in any way on our ROM.
Thank you sir for your response.
Will the Leica Camera in the EU ROM work with all Xiaomi 13T models, including those released without Leica?

I just want to confirm that there are no hardware restrictions. And if the feature can be enabled through customized software.

Thank you

Attachments

• xiaomi13Tproheader222.jpg
    xiaomi13Tproheader222.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2024-04-12-23-01-56-389-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-12-23-01-56-389-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Will the Leica Camera in the EU ROM work with all Xiaomi 13T models, including those released without Leica?

I just want to confirm that there are no hardware restrictions. And if the feature can be enabled through customized software.

Thank you
There's no way I can verify that, I don't have that device.

Thank you
after Ivan's response i guess that the only thing left for you to do is that you should install the rom and see if there is the Leica camera app.
Also xiaomi.eu adds chinese feature on roms that are based on global like on my Xiaomi 13 Lite

after Ivan's response i guess that the only thing left for you to do is that you should install the rom and see if there is the Leica camera app.
Also xiaomi.eu adds chinese feature on roms that are based on global like on my Xiaomi 13 Lite
Xiaomi EU roms are great. I am using them on my Poco X3 NFC, and previously on my Redmi Note 5.

However, I am currently hesitant to go through the process of unlocking the bootloader, wiping data, and verifying Google Play integrity for an unlocked bootloader, and there may still be restrictions on Leica settings in the camera app, actually this was the only reason I am considering to move to a custom rom for Mi 13T right now.

I will give it another thought, or I might wait for someone else to test and provide a feedback

Xiaomi EU roms are great. I am using them on my Poco X3 NFC, and previously on my Redmi Note 5.

However, I am currently hesitant to go through the process of unlocking the bootloader, wiping data, and verifying Google Play integrity for an unlocked bootloader, and there may still be restrictions on Leica settings in the camera app, actually this was the only reason I am considering to move to a custom rom for Mi 13T right now.

I will give it another thought, or I might wait for someone else to test and provide a feedback
Have you done this yet ?