Xiaomi 13 Ultra - has Wifi 6e & Wifi 7 but doesn't show 6Ghz wifi band?

AnimeGirlfriend

Members
Jul 12, 2023
Has anyone gotten the 6Ghz wifi band to work with a Wifi 6e router? I have a Wifi 6e router from my ISP and it has 2Ghz, 5Ghz, & 6Ghz. Xiaomi claims to have up to Wifi 7 but I only see the 2G and 5G option on the phone. My PC wireless/Bluetooth can connect to the 6G band on my Wifi 6e router, so idk why the phone doesn't find the 6G.

I have the CN version but I will be getting the xiaomi.eu rom soon. I'm guessing 6G shows up on specific regions like it mentions? So I'm wondering if we have to change some settings or with the rom it might show up. I hope that it doesn't only work on the official global version phone lol. I'm in United States, California.

1690345947769.png

Last edited:
I also have the CN version, will be getting a new Wifi6-Router soon so your question made me curious :)

Information available is a bit unclear, on the chinese page you can find references where it states 2.4/5G frequency bands for Wifi, whereas the information for the global device is a you stated above - so without any direct mentioning of frequency bands. But as the global version varies from the CN version in radio bands I wouldn't dismiss the thought that Wifi bands can be different as well.

On my device (running Xiaomi.EU-ROM) I cannot see any direct reference to WiFi frequency bands, I can manually set the Wifi region, though....

Interesting, I don't see an option to set the Wifi region manually on the CN rom. I did try a couple different regions in the "Additional Settings" for the date & time zones but that had no effect. Had to try lol I did see that there is options in Additional Settings to add certificates, so I wonder if that's a work around...
Also, the new 6Ghz/6G frequency band is only available on Wifi6e or Wifi 7 routers. Wifi6 is still 2G & 5G. So you'll have to see if your router is capable of doing 6Ghz/6G :)
Well, I can live without it but it would be nice to use it especially if I have the router and the phone to make use of that new and better Wifi frequency band. :emoji_upside_down:

So if I install the global version of miui, would the 6Ghz network detect me? I have wifi 6E and the 6G network is not detected with miui.eu

As outlined above I have not found any evidence that the Xiaomi 13 Ultra supports 6GHz-Wifi in hardware!.... And if that holds true that's nothing any SW/ROM can change

I'm not sure if the Xiaomi 13 Ultra has all the correct hardware like the antenna to make use of these new wifi bands. I'm not sure what hardware is needed for all that to work but they are using the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, which does support wifi6/6e and wifi7. So they might have wifi 6e & 7 disabled at the moment because I am getting wifi6. They may enable it in the future through an update because it's sounding to me like it might not be enabled. But that's just my best guess, if they do have all the hardware to make it work like how s3axel mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joaquin_rojo
As outlined above I have not found any evidence that the Xiaomi 13 Ultra supports 6GHz-Wifi in hardware!.... And if that holds true that's nothing any SW/ROM can change
Check the top of my screenshot, mine connects to my WiFi 6 deco system

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-28-09-36-50-572_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-28-09-36-50-572_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 395
Reactions: s3axel
Hi,

You have a 6e wireless adapter to connect to the 6e. Your regular 6 wireless adapter won't connect.