Xiaomi.eu Anti roll-back firmware

Jun 23, 2017
I'm currently using Xiaomi.eu MIUI 9 stable (V9.5.14.0.OEICNFA) and planning to update to Xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 (V10.0.1.0.OEICNFH) and I read that Xiaomi.eu doesn't trigger anti roll-back as the firmware folder is removed but in the MIUI 10 (V10.0.1.0.OEICNFH) ROM zip file, there is a firmware folder with these files?

Dec 20, 2017
You might do well to Google those files and learn what they are for... I don't believe that Ingbrzy would knowingly release any rom, stable or beta, that would affect the users ARB levels without at a minimum, notifying the users and the entire xiaomi.eu community.

Reading builds knowledge.
Knowledge dispels fear.

Dec 20, 2017
Well I finally got home and downloaded the update.... looked inside the firmware-update folder inside the zip file, and looked at the files within the firmware-update folder.... same files as 8.9.20, and 8.9.13.... since there was no anti-update within the previous 2 updates, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there are no anti-update files in this folder either...

BTFM.bin - Bluetooth driver
dspso.bin - digital signal processing driver
NON-HLOS.bin - modem driver
cmnlib.mbn + cmnlib64.mbn - common library files (probably need updating to support the driver updates)
devcgf.mbn - device configuration file (probably to tell the device how to find/recognize the new drivers)
Keymaster.mbn - something to do with encryption, or low-level access... (Google it and read for hours)
splash.img - your bootloader splash screen image.

I was able to figure out these files from GOOGLE

Theres nothing in here that updates your bootloader... ingbrzy removes those files...

Last edited: