Xiaomi.eu Icons

francyfabry

Members
Mar 13, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm a xiaomi mi4i owner and I've always been using xiaomi.eu's Rom till the day xiaomi decided to stop the development of the chinese beta rom for my phone. The only alternative now is to use the official global beta which is now getting updated via ota every week.
Since I'm not using xiaomi.eu's rom anymore, the only thing that I ask is if I can get the same icons that I used to have because I can't stand the official rom's ones. If there is a way, please, tell me.

Install a root Explorer (You choose)
Download Xiaomi eu rom
Go to xiaomi eu rom >system>media>miui mod icons then copy it and paste into your rom just back to see system folder enable mount/readwrite now you Will see system Go to system>media>Theme>Miui mod icons
delete the Old one and place the new (xiaomi eu mod icons )
Go in a recovery wipe cache and dalvik art/cache and reboot
Enjoy Miui mod icons by xiaomi.eu^^

Install a root Explorer (You choose)
Download Xiaomi eu rom
Go to xiaomi eu rom >system>media>miui mod icons then copy it and paste into your rom just back to see system folder enable mount/readwrite now you Will see system Go to system>media>Theme>Miui mod icons
delete the Old one and place the new (xiaomi eu mod icons )
Go in a recovery wipe cache and dalvik art/cache and reboot
Enjoy Miui mod icons by xiaomi.eu^^
I did everything and it didn't work. Nothing changed except for some icons that are from miui 5 lol How's that possible?

This is the results. I've tried everything. It doesn't work :/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-22-19-07-13-554_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-22-19-07-13-554_com.miui.home.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,175
  • Screenshot_2016-08-22-19-07-08-778_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-22-19-07-08-778_com.miui.home.png
    930.8 KB · Views: 862
First part is straightforward, just copy the folder from /system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons/ from Xiaomi firmware to your new system partition, as darkgod99 already said. You can google for a system.dat unpacker tool if you need to extract Xiaomi.eu firmware.

But then you also need to clear the icon cache. This can be done by going to Themes app and applying the default theme OR deleting the folder at /data/system/theme_magic and IMMEDIATELY REBOOT, this will reset theme back to default and rebuild icon cache.

First part is straightforward, just copy the folder from /system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons/ from Xiaomi firmware to your new system partition, as darkgod99 already said. You can google for a system.dat unpacker tool if you need to extract Xiaomi.eu firmware.

But then you also need to clear the icon cache. This can be done by going to Themes app and applying the default theme OR deleting the folder at /data/system/theme_magic and IMMEDIATELY REBOOT, this will reset theme back to default and rebuild icon cache.
On the Xiaomi.eu ROM, I think icons size is modified. How to revert it?