Xiaomi EU OTA Updates

B

Banned Doche

Recently flashed my Poco F3 over to Xiaomi EU Rom

Just today I received a notice that a new update is available and I downloaded it.

I was hoping this would just be a matter of letting it update itself after the download, but now I am reading that I need to use TWRP to update it.

Can anyone just walk me through, like a three year old, how to update my phone? I DO NOT want to wipe it, just update the Rom.

Thanks ahead of time

#IDoWhatWithTheWhoNow?

You accept to update, it should reboot the phone to TWRP. If not, reboot manually to TWRP. If not, you should be able to boot an external TWRP (I don't know the specifics of F3 TWRPs).
Then, either it will install the ROM by itself, or you will need to click "Install" , find the zip file, confirm the flash.
After that, Reboot / System, and pray.

Reactions: Poney70
You accept to update, it should reboot the phone to TWRP. If not, reboot manually to TWRP. If not, you should be able to boot an external TWRP (I don't know the specifics of F3 TWRPs).
Then, either it will install the ROM by itself, or you will need to click "Install" , find the zip file, confirm the flash.
After that, Reboot / System, and pray.

Ok, so I finish the download then I restart the phone and it "should" boot to TWRP, what do I select then? Install? What after install? Do I need to delete dalvik? I dont want to wipe my phone.

Sorry for seeming like a lame-ass know-nothing but ya, last time I flashed anything was over 10 years ago.

So download > reboot to TWRP (automatically?) > then press install > navigate to rom update (where does the automatic rom update go, which folder?) > anything else? > Pray to Jobu?

giphy.gif

Ok, so I finish the download then I restart the phone and it "should" boot to TWRP, what do I select then? Install? What after install? Do I need to delete dalvik? I dont want to wipe my phone.

Sorry for seeming like a lame-ass know-nothing but ya, last time I flashed anything was over 10 years ago.

So download > reboot to TWRP (automatically?) > then press install > navigate to rom update (where does the automatic rom update go, which folder?) > anything else? > Pray to Jobu?

I am not sure what is not clear in what I just wrote, but I'll try again...

You download the file, when it is done (it used to stay sometimes at 100% for a few minutes), it should ask you to reboot to TWRP. If it succeeds, great, if not, you can reboot manually to TWRP (Up+ Power during the boot - at least on my phone).

When in TWRP, it will ask for your password /pattern. Then either it will install automatically the file, or you have to click Install, click on the file, and validate. On my phone, the file is directly in the /sdcard folder you start in, YMMV.

You can format cache/dalvik, but it should be done automatically by the install.

The you click on Reboot / System, and you wait.

You also said you recently flashed the ROM, most of those steps should be very familiar ^^
They are, my fear is losing my data. I had hoped the update would just happen automatically, without having to play with TWRP.

Assuming its just a reboot, thats not bad but flashing roms is like flashing bios, always seems to be a bunch of little things to worry about and any one of them can ruin everything, though the people that know this stuff also tend to lord it over people, but I do appreciate whenever someone takes the time to help

People like you are better to stay at stock rom. A minimum knowledge and willing is needed for any custom rom!

Everyone starts somewhere and despite a snarky response earlier, the advice helped and I did the update.

All comes down to how open others are to pass on information, some people like to teach, others dont.

What I learn, I like to pass along. Cheers

Everyone starts somewhere and despite a snarky response earlier, the advice helped and I did the update.

All comes down to how open others are to pass on information, some people like to teach, others dont.

What I learn, I like to pass along. Cheers
you're welcome. @causetoujours