Xiaomi EU questions

MattIz

Members
Jul 10, 2020
Hello everyone, I recently bought a Poco F2 Pro and I was wondering if I should run the xiaomi.eu ROM.

I am quite new to the whole flashing of ROMs thing so I wanted to ask a few questions.
  • Will I be able to run banking apps?
  • Can I relock my bootloader?
  • How risky is the flashing procedure? Am I able to completely brick my device?
  • Do Xiaomi.EU roms pass the SafetyNet check?
  • Do I lose my warranty? (probably yes)
  • Can I make a back up of all partitions to my PC before flashing? If so, can I also recover from that back up that is on my PC?
  • Do I lose any features compared to the global rom?
  • Do Xiaomi.EU roms receive software upgrades through OTA? MIUI 11 -> MIUI 12 -> *
  • Should I run the weekly ROM?
Phone has been great btw and the customizability of xiaomi.eu seems quite interesting.

Greetings,

Matthijs

Reactions: Amr Khedr
  • Yes.
  • Yes, by flashing official ROM with Mi Flash, but not with eu-ROM.
  • Not very risky if you follow the flashing instructions precisely (listed in every 1st post weekly/stable download thread), but a brick could always happen (never happened to me in the last 4 years, thank god).
  • Yes.
  • Yes. But with point 2 you can get it back.
  • Yes, backup is always recommended (TWRP, MIUI backup, Google backup etc.), copying it wherever you want (PC, USB otg etc.). Restore same way.
  • I don't know the Global ROM. For features of eu-ROM please read the very 1st post weekly/stable download thread.
  • Yes, OTA updates. Sometimes it's necessary two download the ROM manually (e. g. change of Android base or MIUI version, but evern in this case not always), and you can flash it with the updater app.
  • Your decision. I'm using weekly because it always gets the newest features first and bugs will be solved relatively soon, most times in the next weekly. Stable is 1 or 2 month behind weekly.